AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Old news, and IMO rather insignificant. It'll be a decade before this is practical, or affordable, and even longer before you'll even have a need for it. A 56" screen does not benefit from 35mm resolution.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by peter0302
A 56" screen does not benefit from 35mm resolution.
Oh yeah?? Well maybe I WANT to sit 4" from my screen. You're not the boss of me. :p

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Seriously, though, why is this special? Why is this better than 35mm film? They keep saying it's "reality TV" and that people were getting nauseus from looking at it. How is this different from watching a movie on the big screen? Higher framerate?

I'm just getting sick of all the hype about this. This is a big waste of resources. The only way this might be useful is in creating a digital camcorder to finally rival 35mm film. But we still don't need 30 megapixels for that.

You know what I want to see? True holographic projection without 3D glasses and with full focusable depth of field. That would be an accomplishment. This is just typical Tim Allen-style "more power."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.