AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They pull me back in. Met with an A/V guy today. He installs home theaters and stuff like that. Well, for whatever reason he was trying to sell me on the Sony Grand Wega. Very good price by the way. About 5 grand.

Yet still, I am unsure. Before I talked to him I was dead set on going with a Pioneer Elite 65" or the Elite Plasma 50" (with a very, very nice payment plan to go along with it).

So, here I am again at this crossroads of wondering which way to go. I saw the Wega on display again right next to a plasma and it still caught my attention saying, "Buy Me! Buy Me!".

I'm meeting with another HT installer tomorrow getting his thoughts and what not. But, my hopes aren't that high that I'll be hit with a ton of bricks of what the right purchase is.

Going with the 65" RPTV is a safety for me. Something I would buy with confidence and certainty. Going with the LCD or the Plasma feels more risky, but I want cutting edge stuff (with the exception of DLP).

I just don't know what to do anymore.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I think the GW becomes quite a choice at $5k.

I've been auditioning the 50" Pio plasma and Sony GW for awhile now.

If not for (possibly unfounded) fears of burnin the plasma would be my choice, but gee that 60" GW is nice too!

If you're thinking 65" then I'd suggest the GW for you - especially at that price. Read the post here about getting the GW ISF'd.

IMO the GW has a much better view angle than any CRT RPTV. (This is one of my peeves with CRT RPTV)

Ken

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Grand Wega = no burn in risk. That's very enticing. Once calibrated, the set can look mighty tempting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.