AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have massive need for a multiregion, PAL/NTSC player and am thinking about an eventual replacement for my Malata. I was just wondering what experiences forumites have had with this company and their mods, good, bad, or otherwise. Thanks for any input.

(BTW, if anyone has any gear suggestions/recommendations, I'd like my next player to have at least an HDMI output... though I'd want to just send out 480i into a separate scaler, so de-interlacing, etc. functions and their associated costs or benefits are not really much of a concern. I am just looking for the best picture, best PAL conversion, and a digital output for garden-variety standard def.)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted W
I have massive need for a multiregion, PAL/NTSC player and am thinking about an eventual replacement for my Malata. I was just wondering what experiences forumites have had with this company and their mods, good, bad, or otherwise. Thanks for any input.

(BTW, if anyone has any gear suggestions/recommendations, I'd like my next player to have at least an HDMI output... though I'd want to just send out 480i into a separate scaler, so de-interlacing, etc. functions and their associated costs or benefits are not really much of a concern. I am just looking for the best picture, best PAL conversion, and a digital output for garden-variety standard def.)
They worked great for me. I sent them a media player to see if they could put an SDI board in, they couldn't (because everything was on one chip) and sent it back with no examination or shipping charge. I then sent them a Panasonic RP91 to have an SDI board but, unbeknown to me, the previous owner had already tried installing and SDI board unsuccessfully with epoxy. Again they returned it with no charge. I finally found another RP91 and they fitted the SDI board in four days. I have had occassion to call them several times and they have been very helpful.

·
Premium Member
35,983 Posts
I had my Denon 5900 SDI modded and Region Free applied by JVB Digital and I'm 100% satisfied with the result. Anytime I have communicated with them they have been very responsive. Very quick turnaround time as well.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Had them add SDI to my RP-91. Thumbs up--they do good work.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Dunno. You'll have to ask them.

·
Premium Member
35,983 Posts
It was mentioned earlier, they will send it back if they can't. I would call them, ask for Bas.... Phone : 313 336 6259

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.