AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a newer firmware release than v.236 for a JVB region-free moded RP91. I'm hoping there is and that it adds SVCD support.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
One that I have and works as avertised has ICOS chip for R1-6, hardwired progressive scan for a no stretch PAL. I have 61 discs mostly from R4, they're cheaper then UK discs and play very well. I have x, y scaling in viewing PAL discs. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by GaryWW
Does anyone have a newer firmware release than v.236 for a JVB region-free moded RP91. I'm hoping there is and that it adds SVCD support.
Gary ,

as far we know, a new firmware release will solve your problem,

AND your mod will stop working,

so please consult our US office before upgrading to a newer version.

if you have a newer version we can Patch it for you, so Just send the (new)file and you will have your mod still working.

Otherwise your Upgrade will end in a dissapointment

Jan ( the firm you got your mod from )

The Netherlands

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jan,

Thanks for the reply. I didn't update my post but I was able to get v2.51 from the US. It still doesn't support SVCDs. SVCD support shouldn't be that tough since SVCDs re-encoded with a VCD header play just fine.

New RP91's reportedly come with v2.93 but it doesn't seem to be available for download yet. If I can get a hold of it, I'll let you know.

...Gary

·
Registered
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by GaryWW
Jan,

New RP91's reportedly come with v2.93 but it doesn't seem to be available for download yet. If I can get a hold of it, I'll let you know.

...Gary
Thanks

Jan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.