AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, your a fan of JVC units. You have waited, pinching your pennies, and now it's almost here..... the 1080p models.

Are you going to do a pre-order with TVA?

Have you done a pre-order with TVA?

If so, what size did you sign up for?

Are you drooling yet?

(in for a 56" on 8/16, will await cabinet data etc. etc.)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Once at the TVA site, go to the coming soon section, I see the 61 and 70" but not the 56, thats the one I want also..

·
Registered
423 Posts
The information that we have posted under our JVC 1080p coming soon section is from the CES this past January. We will have much more information in regards to specs and pricing after CEDIA early next month. This looks to be a highly anticipated product and I think there will be a lot of demand for it. Performance on this set is further enhanced through the use of HD Digital Super Detail edge enhancement, which is active on still, fast and slow motion areas of the picture for crisp, defined edges and it will have 2 HDMI inputs. TVA has begun taking pre-orders on this model at the MSRP and we will of course make the proper adjustments once we receive official pricing from JVC.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have had a lot of people call in and ask if TVA would be offering a Power Buy on these sets. At this point in time and with the limited information that is available I wouldn’t be able to give a solid answer. What does everyone think? Would you be interested in an AVS/TVA Power Buy for the 1080p JVC models?

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
BestServedCold

It appears you left off the actual Poll - If you don't want comments you need to add your Poll and it will appear at the top and collect and tally your results without comment. If you go back and edit you should be able to fill out your poll so it may be used at the top of your Posting. :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestServedCold
Are you going to do a pre-order with TVA?
No.

Quote:
Have you done a pre-order with TVA?
No.

Quote:
If so, what size did you sign up for?
Didn't.

Quote:
Are you drooling yet?
No.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
[email protected], I'm pretty sure this has been covered in another thread - do any of the upcoming 1080p JVC's accept a 1080p signal over HDMI? If you don't currently know, please reply when you get the information in the future. Thanks.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have heard that the HDMI will except the full 1080p and I have read otherwise. We should all have more detailed information after CEDIA and I will post any info on this thread as soon as it is available. I am crossing my fingers!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by westa6969
BestServedCold

It appears you left off the actual Poll - If you don't want comments you need to add your Poll and it will appear at the top and collect and tally your results without comment. If you go back and edit you should be able to fill out your poll so it may be used at the top of your Posting. :)

Thanks Westa

I, as you can tell, haven't used the polling feature before LOL.

Others: TVA does not have the 56" on the site as of yet. But if you want to get in line, they will do a pre-order if you give them a call.

Thanks Cammy!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
"I have heard that the HDMI will except the full 1080p and I have read otherwise. We should all have more detailed information after CEDIA and I will post any info on this thread as soon as it is available. I am crossing my fingers!"

me too. that detail, plus doing the "eye-test" on the picture quality, might make the 70" my new display in few weeks.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
wow the msrp on the 70" is $9500? I thought the price would be significantly less than the qualia. That's really up there compared to the coming 70" dlps.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I don’t have pricing at this point in time as you all know. I would assume that the new 1080p JVC HDILA sets would be close in price to the Samsung 1080p DLP sets. That is my best guess at least. The Samsung 68 series was less expensive than I originally thought it would be and it actually pushed the price of the 67 series down. Hopefully we will all be pleasantly surprised!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm certainly interested in the set, but since I'm in one of the states where TVA has to charge sales tax the case needs to be a bit more compelling. Also I'm having shoulder surgery and so I probably can't buy it until I am sufficiently recovered to put it in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Performance on this set is further enhanced through the use of HD Digital Super Detail edge enhancement, which is active on still, fast and slow motion areas of the picture for crisp, defined edges.
One hopes/presumes that this will be an optional feature that can be turned off.

·
Registered
423 Posts
marcvh you are definitely right. There have been some concerns with that very same issue on the Samsung DNIe. Manufacturers should make that a default feature.

So it looks like we have a couple people interested in the 70†sets and a single vote for the 56†and 61†models. Anyone else?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Is JVC doing anything on these sets to improve on the black level performance, like what Sony's done with the dynamic iris?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
marcvh you are definitely right. There have been some concerns with that very same issue on the Samsung DNIe. Manufacturers should make that a default feature.

So it looks like we have a couple people interested in the 70†sets and a single vote for the 56†and 61†models. Anyone else?

Yes, interested in a Powerbuy for the 61".

1 - 20 of 131 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.