AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get my JVC 30000U to play back a file recorded with a MyHD card. It recognizes the deck and acts like it is recording but when I go to playback all I see is a black screen. It works fine if record to hard drive. I have updated to version 1.6 of the driver and software and still no go. How do I get around this? I am also talking about over the air recordings also not DTV. I am running XP Pro with sp1 installed. Can anybody shed some light on this?

·
Registered
412 Posts
You may not have the JVC set to the correct input. From my experience, you will have to manually set it to the 1394 input. If you last used the JVC to watch through the analog tuner, for example, it will start recording from there rather than switching to the 1394 port.

Also, unless you are using an actual D-VHS tape, you will have to manually press the D-VHS button on the front of the unti. I think a "D" or some logo appears on the front when it recognizes the tape for digital recording.

Good luck...

Edit: Have you tried the DVHSTool utility? With this, you can verify that your setup is correct by transferring a recording from the HD to tape.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jonnyb,

Thanks for the reply but I am pulling my hair out on this one. I have installed DVHStool and it is working. I can archive what was recorded by MyHD to harddrive and I am also to playback from MyHD app. the recorded tape with no problem. I have not tried to playback from tool what it archived because i have not set up a graph filter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.