AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any concensus yet that the presently produced JVC 30K decks are reliably trouble free vs. early production?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
The still have the audio drop out problem on ATSC tapes recorded with the panny combo. Picture freeze problem went away after firmware upgrade.

bb

·
Registered
25 Posts
Since the upgrade, my 30000U has been working perfectly for all recordings I've made. It even got a little easier to use the DST50 with the 30000U since the 30000U now allows manual speed selection with the DST50.

Bottom line is I'm please with the 30000U performance after the upgrade and had many many freezes prior to the upgrade.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I bought mine after the firmware issue and there are no problems.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I have a 30000u with the new firmware, and I do see freeze frames from time to time, but they are always on the same location on a given tape: if I rewind, I see them at the same place.

So, my opinion is that the 30000u reacts in this way to small drops due to a faulty tape.

The Japanese 30000 reacts by showing a black image instead. I think that the 30000u freeze is less annoying than a complete black.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info. I'm in the process of trying to buy a unit. 6th Ave. ($1097) is out of stock, and doesn't know if they'll be receiving anymore. J & R raised their price to $1199 and e-Cost is $1130 plus "service charge" and delivery.

Ben

·
Registered
306 Posts
The Gentleman I spoke with said "I'll have to check with my buyer to see if we'll be getting any more of these". He did say he would e-mail me with an answer, one way or the other. I'll post this information as soon as I hear from them.

Ben

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
If one rewinds a tape and sees the glitch at the same point, its not the deck. I have had many tapes where the signal, whether OTA or Sat has a glitch and guess what, you get it on the tape.

So this is why I say, unless you have good data, just to say you have seen a glitch and blame it on the JVC deck means you havent done your homework!!!

dave

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Agreed. That's exactly what I was saying, although in my case the glitch was not a reception problem, but a drop due to the tape itself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.