AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my JVC 30K from Vann's yesterday and hooked it up via firewire to the #2 firewire input on the back of my Samsung SIR-T165. I tried viewing a D-Theater tape, and while the video was stunning, I was not getting any AC-3 audio out of the T165 via the firewire connection (I have a Panny PV-HD1000 hooked up via firewire only to firewire input #1 on the 165 and get video/audio A-OK with that connection). Anybody else seen an issue like this? I later hooked the optical audio out of the 30K directly to my AC-3 preamp and the audio was fine.

Anyone have any ideas as to why I would get video only when connecting the 30K to the 165 via firewire only? Could it be an issue with the 1394 cable or is likely an issue with the #2 firewire input on the Sammy 165?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ptrubey

Out of curiosity, what video output are you using from the T165 to view D-Theater material?
I'm using the #1 set of component outs on the 165

hooked directly to the component ins on my Toshiba display. The 165 says "D-VHS 2" on its LED display.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by dr1394
see this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=226080

Ron
Thanks Ron, that explains it....and in fact I did see the PCM stereo light on the preamp while playing

the D-Theater rather than the expected AC-3 light, which backs up your explanation. Curiously I still did not hear any audio coming through even when that PCM stereo light was on (the preamp I'm using is a Technics SH-AC500D)....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.