AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 505 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the Hotsheet via E-mail.. I would imagine that the refurbs would include all the latest improvements.

Ed Betty (One of the first to buy at 1199..and I thought that was a great price!)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Yep, just saw this...........

To think that the last JVC editing S-VHS I bought , several years ago, was $499............................:eek:

OK where are the guys who said they would wait till the price dropped below $300???

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yep.. I also paid $1200 when it first came out 2 years ago.

My brother just bought one open-box at CircuitCity for $234 (this store was having half price sale on all open-boxes)

Now I just ordered another one for my sister from Ecost for $299.

How low will it go??

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Found it. Ordered it. There are now 4 left. And I now have to 30K's. :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
I wasn't going to,,,,, but I did too......... now I've got two too:)

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
what kind of warrnty are JVC offering in refurbs?

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I ordered one. The site said they had one left in stock, but a while after my order it said I'm backordered. Funny thing too, after I bought the "last" one, the site then showed 10 on hand?!

Hope to hear a response to my email from ecost.com regarding this, as well as to my inquiry as to if "factory refurbished" includes all the fixes.

·
UHD Addict
38,776 Posts
Only 7 left. I need to decide before my UPS dies. No power for the last hour. Only 2 minutes left before shutdown. Not enough time. Hopefully there will be some left in the mornimg and hopefully the power will be back on then. Darn Hurricane.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Crap! Another company that only ships within the US. I would buy this in a second.:(

This is so cheap that they could kill the format tomorrow and it would still be worth it for the few available D-theater tapes alone.

/Anders

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
I ordered with 5 in stock, called to confirm order was accepted and item in stock and they said yes. I called this morning because status showed "Waiting on customer" and they said there was a problem with my order and it is now out of stock. :mad: They also said more are due in today and that then my order will be placed.

I find this to be very annoying. I hate dealing with Ecost because of this kind of garbage.

IF I ever get it, I'll call about the extended warranty offered on the site. I'll also have to call JVC to make sure the unit is upgraded and if not, send it in for the fix.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
They say it has the factory warranty.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I read that there have been some problems with this unit, and some have talked about sending them in for a "fix". What kind of problems, and what does the fix solve?

I am being tempted with this price to pick one up mainly to play D-Theater movies. Do any of the problems affect playback of these movies? I have a Mits 55613 on order. Does the JVC have DVI output, and if not, am I going to wish I had a D-VHS unit that does?

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
For those who notice that the number available changes, here is what I found they do:

1. Put 10 in the bargain countdown at $299.00

2. When those are gone they go back to the regular price of $299.99 and the units in stock hasn't changed from 31.

3. They then put 10 more in the bargain countdown

4. Go to step 2

Seems like they might be selling more than they have at this point if they are into backorders.

--Darin

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
As of three hours ago, they sold 19. NONE are in stock. They are "due in" today. We'll see. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
How many can there be "out there" somewhere that they can get them from?

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
They are getting 119 in. As of now it shows "in warehouse", so the shipment came in this afternoon, as promised by the CSR. Mine should ship today or Monday.

A 3 year extended warranty can be purchased at a cost of $100. A 2 year for $80. I'd say the 2 year would be a waste. I am debating on whether or not it is worth buying the warranty, since once "fixed", these decks perform perfectly. I know mine has.

1 - 20 of 505 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.