AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first i been using a g70 crt projector for years and looked into getting a digital.went to best buy and seen a jvc 350 model,it was running irobot on blueray and my wife seen how noisy the pic was.and she doesn't ever pick at images.the room had lights in it so i was not tring to judge crontrast but it just didn't look as clean or as sharp as my g70.am i expecting to much?

·
Registered
12,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstone /forum/post/18156815

first i been using a g70 crt projector for years and looked into getting a digital.went to best buy and seen a jvc 350 model,it was running irobot on blueray and my wife seen how noisy the pic was.and she doesn't ever pick at images.the room had lights in it so i was not tring to judge crontrast but it just didn't look as clean or as sharp as my g70.am i expecting to much?

I cannot even begin to tell you why looking at Best Buy is the first problem...and as you describe the setup it just proves it.

I would say if you are thinking of looking at digital...find a place that can do a real demo (even if it is another users house).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just wanted to see if it blurred in motion and it didn't. the blue ray was hooked only to it but the hdmi could of been to long? thats why i asked here to see if it was normal . so the jvc has a clean picture ?? when set up right ?

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
My JVC RS 15 came with the sharpness at 40 rather than 50 (normal with zero gain) and the detail enhancement at 20 over normal. Picture looked good, but a bit noisy. I raised the sharpness to normal and lowered the detail to get a dynamite picture. See if you can do that at "Best Buy" or follow Jason's advice and find a properly calibrated picture elsewhere.The JVC 350 is a tremendous bargin for a projector of such quality.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.