AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ive just bought a JVC tv which had good quality in the store, Future Shop and had a lot of features.

Im still a beginner with what is all the 720p and all that but reviews were also high on this so i gave it a try and luckily i got the last one

I havent got the T.V yet but its arriving in about 4 days so id like to know what you think.

I was scared at first because JVC seems a big name in projection tv and not LCD so i wondered if there LCD would be good but the price went from $2000 to $999 and definitely big drop.

When i got up and checked the specs i see all this high tech technology built so i came here so you can tell me if that technology will make this tv good for me.

Here is the company product page:
jvc.comm/product.jsp?modelId=MODL027783&pathId=80&page=1

Here is a nicely written description:
vanns.comm/shop/servlet/item/features/462998394

And finally a couple of reviews i found: amazon.comm/gp/product/customer-reviews/B000FQ74N0/ref=cm_cr_dp_pt/102-2607603-9825769?ie=UTF8&n=172282&s=electronics

My first post so sorry if its in the wrong section or not aloud here.

Also the url isnt working cuz i added an extra m to com so delete the extra m to see the pages.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
JVC gets some good ratings in Consumer Reports, whatever that is worth.

Does the LT40X887 really have all that connectivity?

Quote:
Dual HDMI/HDCP Digital Inputs, Dual IEEE 1394 Connectivity, 2 Component Video Inputs

2 S-Video Inputs, 3 Side AV Inputs, 2 RF Inputs (1 ATSC, 1 NTSC), Smart Input

That's about as impressive a list as I've seen for a non-1080p TV. The downside is I don't see a dedicated PC input (D-sub or DVI) so you'd have to use one of the HDMI inputs for that.

Be sure to post your impressions when you get the thing set up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluxon /forum/post/0

JVC gets some good ratings in Consumer Reports, whatever that is worth.

Does the LT40X887 really have all that connectivity?

That's about as impressive a list as I've seen for a non-1080p TV. The downside is I don't see a dedicated PC input (D-sub or DVI) so you'd have to use one of the HDMI inputs for that.

Be sure to post your impressions when you get the thing set up.

Actually it does have D-sub and possibly DVI its just not listed on the JVC site but on the vanns site.

Quote:
Connection Options

The LT40X887 is equipped with dual HDMI/HDCP Digital Inputs that provide an uncompressed high bandwidth digital connection from any HDMI compatible device. This method of displaying digital signals allows for a noise-free, unaltered transmission of the digital content, and helps ensure you'll be ready for the ever-increasing number of electronic components that are offering this dynamic interface. There's a PC input as Input 3 (D-Sub 15 Pin), a Smart Video input, 2 auto sensing component video inptus, 2 S-Video inputs, and 4 AV inputs. Output terminals include an optical digital audio output, a fixed audio output and a headphone jack.

I was also happy to see all those connectivity.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since the vann site isnt working illl just post the amazing description here:

Quote:
The Television is Flat, The Performance is Not

The LT40X887 flat panel LCD display was not only engineered to excite the most extreme audio visual enthusiasts, but also to influence the creative minds of the most discriminating home decorators. The LT40X887 LCD, with stylish cosmetics, takes into consideration every feature the demanding digital customer is looking for now and for the future. It offers a 1200:1 contrast ratio, 500 cd/m2 brightness and a 178-degree viewing angle and ATSC/QAM tuner. This LCD also offers features like D.I.S.T. (Digital Image Scaling Technology) 770p, exclusive 5-Point Color Management Circuitry, HD Range DSD (Digital Super Detail), high end edge correction circuitry, an improved motion adaptive dynamic gamma correction circuitry, TheaterPro 6500K color temperature, dual HDMI, dual IEEE1394 connectivity, advanced tone correction and advanced HyperSurround. These and other terrific features make this unit a must have.

Tuned Into High Definition

There are many features that separate this television from the pack in the realms of style, technology and viewability. What about functionality? This model is HD-integrated, a feature that maximizes your ability to tune in to the programming you want to see. A built-in ATSC tuner allows you to receive over-the-air digital terrestrial broadcasts. The clear QAM tuner allows you to receive unscrambled digital cable signals.

Picture Perfect

JVC's 5th generation D.I.S.T. (Digital Image Scaling Technology) detects and seamlessly up-scales any video source to display at 770p. Genessa provides 32-bit "turbo" powered picture processing for faster and more efficient sampling to drastically reduce jagged edges and increase the resolution of all sources. On an area by area basis, JVC's exclusive Motion Adaptive Dynamic Gamma Correction (DGC) utilizes data from every signal level to ensure that tonal gradations are preserved in dark areas so images never look muddied. As the quality of so-called "high definition" content varies, the 3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter with Cross Color Elimination eliminates embedded interference by removing cross color/dot interference that can remain inside digital broadcasting or component signals.

HD Range Digital Super Detail and Color Management

The LT40X887's Digital Super Detail (DSD) circuitry is a state-of-the-art edge correction technology that, together with Natural Progressive Circuitry, works to reproduce completely focused pictures, whether the image is still or highly active. Providing this higher degree of focus ensures that every image is viewed at the highest possible resolution. HD Range Digital Super Detail Circuitry keeps the picture completely focused for both still and highly active images. A 5-point Color Management System (CMS) compensates for color range limitations and ensures JVC colors are reproduced with dimension and vivid detail. Colors are truer and never tainted by surrounding or similar colors.

Display Format and Brightness

7 Aspect Modes with EZ Fill let you choose the aspect ratio to suit your preferences. Standard signal modes include Regular, Panorama, Cinema and Full. HD signal modes include Full, Cinema Zoom and HD Panorama. By examining the brightness level of incoming image sources, Smart Picture technology compensates for scenes, frame by frame, to ensure they are displayed at the perfect brightness level without sacrificing contrast and detail.

Connection Options

The LT40X887 is equipped with dual HDMI/HDCP Digital Inputs that provide an uncompressed high bandwidth digital connection from any HDMI compatible device. This method of displaying digital signals allows for a noise-free, unaltered transmission of the digital content, and helps ensure you'll be ready for the ever-increasing number of electronic components that are offering this dynamic interface. There's a PC input as Input 3 (D-Sub 15 Pin), a Smart Video input, 2 auto sensing component video inptus, 2 S-Video inputs, and 4 AV inputs. Output terminals include an optical digital audio output, a fixed audio output and a headphone jack.

Sounds Good, Too

By now we've hopefully established that the LT40X887 looks fantastic. But what about the sound? Well, an advanced sound package means that this LCD's sound capabilities are on par with the video. Uniquely suited for premier sound quality, the LT40X887 features 20 watts of total audio power with 6.6cm Oblique Cone Speakers and A.H.S.+ for advanced vocal processing and simulated surround sound.

A Full Complement of Standard Features

And yes, there are even more great things built into this set. Standard features on the LT40X887 include a universal remote control, 5 video status modes (D6500K, Standard, Game, Theater, Dynamic), Auto Demo, Smart Sound, Smart Captions, channel label/video input label, favorite channel memory, hyper scan high speed channel surfing, Return+, sleep timer, front panel lock, noise muting, Split POP with Twin, freeze and index, and more.

Included With Purchase

Remote control, pedestal stand.

More reasons to buy the JVC LT40X887 from Vanns

* Free Shipping!

* No Sales Tax!

* The JVC LT40X887 is Brand New

* The JVC LT40X887 Ships in a Factory Sealed Box

The thing im wondering about this tv is the PIP because most of the sites that sell this say it has no PIP because it has POP
, So could i get a picture of this POP and could you tell me which is better in your oppinion.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've got the 40x667 model which is basically the same thing, but sold at Best Buy stores, and also with a smaller contrast ratio. Great t.v. Just set it at theaterpro mode to get color temp. to 6500k, then fiddle with the contrast, tint, etc. to get an amazing picture. Having 2 componet inputs + 2 hdmi inputs is not to be ignored either. A huge plus having that kind of option when hooking up componets (I've got my dvd player and xbox360 hooked up through componet, t.v. through hdmi). Paid $$$$ for mine and really couldn't be happier. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by erocuroc /forum/post/0

I've got the 40x667 model which is basically the same thing, but sold at Best Buy stores, and also with a smaller contrast ratio. Great t.v. Just set it at theaterpro mode to get color temp. to 6500k, then fiddle with the contrast, tint, etc. to get an amazing picture. Having 2 componet inputs + 2 hdmi inputs is not to be ignored either. A huge plus having that kind of option when hooking up componets (I've got my dvd player and xbox360 hooked up through componet, t.v. through hdmi). Paid $$$$ for mine and really couldn't be happier. Hope this helps!

Im a fiddly person but do not want to mess the settings when i get it so cant i turn on the automatic sensor thingy to do it for me?

·
Registered
87 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolio10 /forum/post/0

Im a fiddly person but do not want to mess the settings when i get it so cant i turn on the automatic sensor thingy to do it for me?

I'm not sure what you mean. But you have a couple options if you're unhappy with your fiddling. You can always "reset defaults" which will bring your t.v. back to out of the box settings. Or you can write down the original settings, switching back the stuff you don't like. Believe me, most if not all lcd's are going to need some adjusting as the out of the box settings suck.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I can't find JVC tv's anywhere, no store around me carries them. Anyone know which particular stores carry the 40inch models? Best Buy had a 32 inch on the floor, that was it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishid /forum/post/0

I can't find JVC tv's anywhere, no store around me carries them. Anyone know which particular stores carry the 40inch models? Best Buy had a 32 inch on the floor, that was it.

I got mine from Future shop but they said i got the last one so i hope its worthwhile.

Try search google under the country only setting.

·
Registered
87 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishid /forum/post/0

Check bestbuy.com. They have the 40 inch x667 on the website. I believe they even offer instore pick-up as an option ( i assume they could send it to the store you wanted to pick it up at if they were all out).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.