AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Xbox won't display 1080p only 1080i, everyone keeps telling me that the cables support 1080p with one of the updates pushed my MS (I got the premium cables that came with the 399 system). When I switch it to 1080p the screens double and have hazy rainbow colors. Is there a setting on my TV to fix this or do I need to get another set of cables?

Has anyone else ran into this problem?

·
Registered
562 Posts
RickRock I'm certainly no expert, but best I can tell the JVC HD-61FN97 display only accepts 1080p input via HDMI, and the Xbox only outputs 1080p via component (and does not output 1080p via other connections except maybe the PC connection- not sure). The JVC 61FN97 apparently does not support 1080p input via component according to its manual. If this is true then there is no setting on the TV that you can change or cable that you can buy that will force the display to accept 1080p via component or PC input.

Do you have any facts to suggest that my information is incorrect?

Edited to change reference to PC connections.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelpie /forum/post/0

RickRock I'm certainly no expert, but best I can tell the JVC HD-61FN97 display only accepts 1080p input via HDMI, and the Xbox only outputs 1080p via component or PC connections. The JVC 61FN97 apparently does not support 1080p input via component or PC connections according to its manual. If this is true then there is no setting on the TV that you can change or cable that you can buy that will force the display to accept 1080p via component or PC input.

Do you have any facts to suggest that my information is incorrect?

oh that sucks, I just read it in the back of the book that it only does 1080i, can u tell the difference in 1080i and 1080p? I just might take the TV back.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Xbox360 only outputs 1080i via the component cables. The JVC will deinterlace the input to 1080P for you internally. You won't benifit by getting a different TV. Furthermore, I don't know of any TV that can accept 1080P thru component cables only thru HDMI.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have my XB360 with HD DVD add-on connected to my56FN97 and it looks phenomenal at 1080i watching HD DVD's. So does Gears of War. I cannot imagine it being much better, but I'm not an extreme videophile or an "expert". I'm extremely happy with it. Like it was said, the Samsung is the only one I'm aware of that does 1080P over component, and I got headaches watching a DLP, so that was out for me. It would be nice to have 1080P over VGA, though...

·
Registered
31 Posts
The XBOX 360 uses the HD DVD format which has a maximum resolution of 1080i at 60fps. Also the two HD options available in the XBOX 360 are 720P and 1080i.

Kej2u and others - How are you outputing 1080P through the component cables? Do you mean 1080i?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdhdtv /forum/post/0

The XBOX 360 uses the HD DVD format which has a maximum resolution of 1080i at 60fps. Also the two HD options available in the XBOX 360 are 720P and 1080i.

Kej2u and others - How are you outputing 1080P through the component cables? Do you mean 1080i?

the lastest software update let the Xbox 360 push 1080p through componets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.