AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was all set to buy a Panny 91 when I stumbled across these JVC players. What is the difference between these models (the JVC site is not much help).

I need:

Good progressive playback.

CDR/RW support for VCD (and MP3)

Aspect ratio control (zoom/shrink to play non-anamorphic widescreen disks without using the Expand mode on my 16:9 Mits)

DVD-A and multi-disc changer are nice options but not necessary.

Which of the JVC players would be the best upgrade from my Tosh 5109? The only difference between the 65 and the 90 seems to be the 7-disc changer and DVD-A on the 90. Is this correct? Where does the 70 fall?

Thanks!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have both players , the RP91 and JVC FA90. Both are very good. I have the FA90 only for 3 days, so I need more time to evaluate it.

At glance I can say that the Picture on the RP91 is better (first impressions, i can change later) and the 7 disc mechanism on the JVC is a kind of strange and noise.

I will post a full review later this month.

Antonio

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi,

I took the weekend to evaluate the FA90. The MP3 features in JVC is much better than the RP91. It displays Song Names on screen etc.. a feature the RP91 lack.

Also the 7 disc mechanism is not so bad as it feels.

More on it later.

Antonio

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.