Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnelson02
opinions please
I have only seen one Hitachi 70" in a Circuit City showroom. It was very bright ambient store lighting and the set looked very dark. I have seen two JVC 70" sets in showrooms with subdued lighting. One was next to a $13k Sony Qualia 006. The JVC didn't look as good as the Sony but I would say the JVC looked good enough to be a better value by far. From my limited exposure I would pick the JVC.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Just saw the JVC 70 inch tonight with a bad Fry's feed! Lots of macro blocking on a documentary on wolverines or hedgehogs. I saw the 60 inch JVC up against the 60 inch Sony and a 56 inch Samsung in Good Guys the other day. JVC was the brightest of the three. Samsung was the sharpest. Color saturation was close between the Samsung and the JVC but hte Samsung may have won out because of the sharpness. Sony was a soft image, kind of blah! I will have to check out the Hitachi! But is seems like the JVC is winning for my list.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedreams
Just saw the JVC 70 inch tonight with a bad Fry's feed!
An Etch-a-sketch would look better than Fry's feed. They have the same problem in Phoenix. They should just turn the sets off it's so bad.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hitachi Hitachi Hitachi. I am a little biased on this set as i own one. The pq is outstanding imho and everybody else that sees it.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
If I had room (and desire) for 70" I'd think hard about a FP setup. 70" is asking an awful lot from rear projection.

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuraCL
If I had room (and desire) for 70" I'd think hard about a FP setup. 70" is asking an awful lot from rear projection.
I would bypass the 70" altogether and just go with a front projector and a 120" screen. Would be cheaper too. You can get a good screen for $1200 and a good projector for $3000.

·
Banned
8,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnelson02
opinions please

Purchasing anyone of them will get you the weakest blacks money can buy. With the Hit, the SDE is so bad its not you shouldn' even consider it.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuraCL
agreed

·
Registered
441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uninvited Guest
An Etch-a-sketch would look better than Fry's feed. They have the same problem in Phoenix. They should just turn the sets off it's so bad.
My Mattel Intellivision game unit produced a better picture then the Fry's!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipvideo
I would bypass the 70" altogether and just go with a front projector and a 120" screen. Would be cheaper too. You can get a good screen for $1200 and a good projector for $3000.
The problem would then be a need for a darkened room for a projector or a brighter screen for more money. The three chip projectors are quite abit more than $3000.00. :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.