AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off this topic needs to be relocated to the HDTV recording forum.

Thanks for the heads up on this. It is a great press release from JVC that will make many happy around the country.

Just a bit of background on this from my NAB visit-

While looking at the JVC Japanese model in question, a Panasonic rep was standing by in the crowd. I spoke to him in front of the JVC rep. He said that he was in charge of researching the USA market need to reinstate the PVHD1000. He said that if JVC offered their DVHS HD recorder that Panasonic would most certainly follow. I have his bu card here. It looks like we may have a solution to this problem of timeshifting HDTV soon. Whether the MPAA responds negatively is anyones GUESS. I doubt they have the stopping power people think they do. The only reason Panasonic pulled their recorder 2 years ago was they were intimidated by MPAA extortion like tactics and felt that there wasn't enough market to warrant the risk. This is what Panasonic told me and showed me a copy of the letter they received (NAB 2000). Today the market and demand for this technology is much larger and I do predict JVC and Panasonic will see great success in their DVHS products. The real HD DVHS killer will be a beter format of the future, not the MPAA with tough guy tactics.

------------------

Don Landis

Home Theater Pics at: www.scubatech.com Last updated 3/25/01

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Adding cross-reference to the HD Recorders forum thread . Please continue there.

Thanks!

------------------

The button is labeled "Play", not "Pay". STOP the MPAA!

Our Silent Angels

Please visit The Manny Page!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Excerpt from the story;

Finally. The wait is over. The video format that HDTV has been waiting for, will be making its way into living rooms all over the nation, in the form of the HM-DH30000U from JVC.

Notice: The i.Link/DV connection of this product conforms to EIA-775-A ``DTV 1394 Interface'' Specification, dated April 2000 (the ``Specification'') and use of this product with any other product, device, component, part or material that is not in conformity or compliant with the Specification may not be supported.

Does this mean that current HDTV's and satellites with equipment that doesn't have a 5c firwire port are outta luck???

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thats exactly what it means. I think next year there will be a full revamp on all new hdtv's and STB's to conform to these new standards. The technology is new and we are in the middle of a change in the HDTV market happening. Notice, how they quote that Dish will have the dvi and firewire interface in their new STB's.

--MIKE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.