AVS Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1055 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Thank you SirMaster! I found the same link. Weird how Windows 10 did not have the driver in its database. Works now!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Hi all,

So for some reason my efi es2000 is not working with auto cal. The driver is the 2.40 and states it's working properly under device manager. I connect the device click on the icon in autocal and the message is 'cannot detect sensor" the sensor flashes for a second when i try to connect then nothing. It worked fine when I did my last autocal back in dec. 2019. I tried to uninstall the driver, reinstall the device, still nothing! Tried looking for maybe an updated driver online, but windows says the current driver is the best one.

·
Registered
8,871 Posts
Hi all,

So for some reason my efi es2000 is not working with auto cal. The driver is the 2.40 and states it's working properly under device manager. I connect the device click on the icon in autocal and the message is 'cannot detect sensor" the sensor flashes for a second when i try to connect then nothing. It worked fine when I did my last autocal back in dec. 2019. I tried to uninstall the driver, reinstall the device, still nothing! Tried looking for maybe an updated driver online, but windows says the current driver is the best one.
Did you place the es2000 on its calibration white tile when you click on the icon?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Did you place the es2000 on its calibration white tile when you click on the icon?
Stupid me... I had the white tile window closed when i set it down to calibrate.. now it works. Thanks Dom!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi, I have a JVC x7900. I want to use auto cal and check gamma is fine. Spyder 5 is what is needed. You can’t seem to buy these in the UK. What can I use? Amazon sell the spyder x. Just want correct gamma

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hi, I have a JVC x7900. I want to use auto cal and check gamma is fine. Spyder 5 is what is needed. You can’t seem to buy these in the UK. What can I use? Amazon sell the spyder x. Just want correct gamma

Hi, you needs buy Spider 5 for x7900, look on EBAY...

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Having an issue with autocal on an RS540 and a Spyder 5. It always over shoots red at 90/100 IRE and undershoots is in the midrange. This makes balancing the range tricky. I was thinking its the spyder and maybe I should try another?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,871 Posts
Having an issue with autocal on an RS540 and a Spyder 5. It always over shoots red at 90/100 IRE and undershoots is in the midrange. This makes balancing the range tricky. I was thinking its the spyder and maybe I should try another?
Take screen shots of the Autocal log, in particular the Color Temp tab. All 8 points should be in a tight cluster, if there are no greyscale tracking issues.

What meter are you using to validate the result?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Take screen shots of the Autocal log, in particular the Color Temp tab. All 8 points should be in a tight cluster, if there are no greyscale tracking issues.

What meter are you using to validate the result?
I am using a C6 profiled but an i1pro2 spectro.

I did look and the cluster is close, but they aren't all on top of each other. I'll have to run it again. This is image is one I found from another post NOT MINE, but it looked similar to this. For reference, I've run autocal several times over the past year and this is always the way red behaves. I can see some pink tint on a flashing contrast pattern before I dial in the red gain during the manual part of my calibration

Attachments

·
Registered
8,871 Posts
I did a second calibration about 300 hours on my RS540 last night. I ran into the same issue where red is too high a 100 and contrast pattern will show pink flashing bars. However, correcting red at 100 and getting rid of the tint will lower red a bit too much over most of the rest of the range (30-80 mostly).
If you see pink flashing bars then you should reduce the contrast, not correct the red at 100%.

For autocal, I am using a Spyder 5 for gamma only, pointed at the lens. For white balance and color I am using a i1pro2 pointed at the screen. I calibrate a mode for SDR Rec 709 and for SDR BT2020 (tone mapped UHD content via penny 820). Those modes using a different aperture position and one uses the filter. I then go back and fine tune with calman and a C6 trend to the i1pro2. So I am seeing the red issue there and via contrast patterns.
If the C6 was trained to the the i1Pro2 then (by definition) they should read the same, assuming the training was done using 100% white.

I'm not sure if t he red overshoot at 100 is coming from the white balance readings from the i1pro2 or from the gamma readings from the spyder5. Really that would be my main question, whether red at 100 is impacted more by the gamma or white balance step in autocal.
Gamma calibration has little or no effect on the white balance at 100%.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
If you see pink flashing bars then you should reduce the contrast, not correct the red at 100%.

If the C6 was trained to the the i1Pro2 then (by definition) they should read the same, assuming the training was done using 100% white.

Gamma calibration has little or no effect on the white balance at 100%.
Yes normally reducing contrast is what I would do. I just never had to do that on a JVC post autocal so it seemed odd to me an I didn't want to reduce dynamic range. in my Blu Ray mode, once I adjusted the gains in my manual cal the tint was gone anyway. My SDR BT2020 mode with DI 0 I could still see some pink in the patterns but not yet in content.

Yes I used 100% white to train the meter...I think that is the default I the profiling meter menu.

Good point that gamma is not adjusted at 100% but the red uptick starts at 90 and is low in the midrange, which makes it hard to correct. I am not sure if that is just how the 540's are tracking wise or if my spyder is reading red incorrectly and causing the issue. I just never saw any of this with my old 4910 and spyder 4. As you can see from the graph, it's still pretty good (average dE is under 1 and average temp is pretty darn close. But still it's a pain to balance the red being too high in the upper range and low in the mid while being pretty much right on at 40 and below.

Could it be the spyder? or do you suspect something else?

·
Registered
386 Posts
I don't know if someone else already found out that Autocal has some hidden settings that allow an XYZ correction matrix for the connected meter.

The option is called 'matrixOfSensor' and is located in the file %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\JVCKENWOOD\Projector Calibration Software *\init.xml.

This is what a color and gamma Autocal would look like using a Spyder without correction

And this is what it it would look like using a Spyder and a correction matrix.

The settings exist at least since Autocal 7. It would have been nice, if JVC had mentioned this at some point or even put it in the GUI.

:smile:

·
Registered
8,871 Posts
I don't know if someone else already found out that Autocal has some hidden settings that allow an XYZ correction matrix for the connected meter.

The option is called 'matrixOfSensor' and is located in the file %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\JVCKENWOOD\Projector Calibration Software *\init.xml.
Thanks Karl. This is BIG news!

I knew that the “hacked” version (for i1D3) had this features, but didn't know it existed in the original JVC software.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Completely excellent! Good timing, it’s about time I redid my calibration.

How did you make the correction matrix, is it a standard format?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Completely excellent! Good timing, it’s about time I redid my calibration.

How did you make the correction matrix, is it a standard format?
There are a few methods to create such a matrix.I used a function in the SDK for my Klein K10-A.
You could do it with HCFR or CalMAN.

Edit:
There is also an Excel sheet in another thread

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-display-calibration/1393853-hcfr-open-source-projector-display-calibration-software-398.html#post22046028

·
Registered
8,871 Posts

Thanks for the hint. I was able to get excellent Colour Autocal (v7) using the Spyder 5, when the correction matrix is applied:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digital-hi-end-projectors-3-000-usd-msrp/2246658-jvc-calibration-software-v6-2015-models-x9000-x7000-x5000-rs400-rs500-rs600-147.html#post59701440

·
Registered
334 Posts

:smile:
Thanks for finding and posting about this.

I was able to get a good calibration last night (and well into this morning!) with this table, even P3F which I never managed to get good results with using Chad's spreadsheet.
It took me a few hours to get a correction table as my Colormunki photo didn't want to work with HCFR for some reason, worked last week. I made a correction table between an i1D3 which has always given good results and the Spyder5 Using the technique posted here:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-display-calibration/1393853-hcfr-open-source-projector-display-calibration-software-139.html#post26648713
I was stuck to get the matrix out of HCFR (and google wasn't helping) until I discovered that if you configure sensor, there's a sensor matrix tab which has the values, type them in exactly from the table to the init file, screen shot attached.
You can get to this from the Measures menu, Sensor & Configure or there's a shortcut icon in the Sensor pane under the icon bar.

The values go top left to bottom right, mine looks like this:

Don't copy my values, they are only useful to me! They will likely make someonelse's autocal much worse, I'm posting them because it took me a while to work out what goes where and this information would have been useful for me at midnight last night.

I also attached a screen photo of the table so the correspondence can be seen, again these are the values for my Spyder5 another one will be completely different.

So and the next thing, I wonder what the Matrix of calc does??

Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

·
Registered
490 Posts
It took me a few hours to get a correction table as my Colormunki photo didn't want to work with HCFR for some reason, worked last week. I made a correction table between an i1D3 which has always given good results and the Spyder5 Using the technique posted here:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-display-calibration/1393853-hcfr-open-source-projector-display-calibration-software-139.html#post26648713
For what it's worth, HCFR provides an easier way to build a correction matrix as I've posted here ==> https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-display-calibration/1393853-hcfr-open-source-projector-display-calibration-software-420.html#post59695038

My example was to do a correction matrix against an i1Pro2, but you can use any other sensor as the reference of course.

·
Registered
334 Posts
For what it's worth, HCFR provides an easier way to build a correction matrix as I've posted here ==> https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-display-calibration/1393853-hcfr-open-source-projector-display-calibration-software-420.html#post59695038

My example was to do a correction matrix against an i1Pro2, but you can use any other sensor as the reference of course.
I did try simultaneous measures first, I can't remember why it didn't work for me but I didn't get far with it... I'll revisit that when I get the colormunki toy spectro working again.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I did try simultaneous measures first, I can't remember why it didn't work for me but I didn't get far with it... I'll revisit that when I get the colormunki toy spectro working again.

Thanks
Yeah try it again.

Simultaneous measures is the way to go IMO.

I have been using that method in HCFR for awhile to calibrate my i1D3 to my i1 Pro 2 before doing a calibration session with the i1D3. HCFR definitely lets you save and view the correction matrix for the corrected meter as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everybody!
Is it possible to use the Xrite i1 with old JVC Auto Calibration V5, if you apply the patch from (hifi-forum.de/viewthread-94-15592.html)?

981 - 1000 of 1055 Posts