AVS Forum banner

1081 - 1088 of 1088 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,717 Posts
Hi guys,
Just saw the video Youthman put on youtube where Nick is showing how to use auto cal to get great results. I'd like to buy SpiderX Pro as Nick pointed out at the end of video. I have JVC RS 500. Can someone please inform if Spirder X is compatible with JVC RS 500 and if RS500 has Auto Cal feature?

·
Registered
9,573 Posts
There’s a dedicated thread on Autocal for the RS500:

·
Premium Member
1,717 Posts
There’s a dedicated thread on Autocal for the RS500:
Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
9,573 Posts
I have started a new thread to discuss the ArgyllCMS DLL which allows many additional meters to be used with Autocal:

·
Registered
12 Posts
The saving of Gamma calibration is quite slow with my X7900 and PC on WiFi. It took about 30 minutes to reach 66%, then a message about connection cut off was displayed. During saving the AutoCal creates a backup file of current calibration.

If I use this file for restore function will it take as long as saving during calibration or perhaps it will take much longer (maybe because more settings need to be saved during restore than during autocal)? What would you suggest: redo calibration or restore the calibrated backup?

Also would a direct connection between PC and projector via cable be faster?

·
Registered
9,573 Posts
It’s normal for the gamma calibration to take a while to save. To run Autocal the projector needs to be connected to a signal source, even though the patterns are generated internally. Make sure your signal source does not go into sleep mode during calibration, saving, and restoring.
And yes, restoring the Init file takes even longer, around 45 min. Typically wi-if is not the bottleneck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks, Dominic.
I meant the backup-file of calibration (not the init-file), which is also created at the beginning of saving process. I could use that file with the restore function to save the results of the last calibration into the projector. In that case I don’t need to setup the sensor again and go through the measurements.

However my concern is if the restore function may take longer than the full gamma calibration.

1081 - 1088 of 1088 Posts