·
Registered
204 Posts
RS620
tried doing gamma & color with my eye1 pro - not good
restored init file
gamut is totally wrong i.e. red primary is up near yellow
restored again - same
can't do just color as autocal won't read my eye1 properly i.e. get Lv 00000 for most of the readings
tried unplugging meter etc

i did do just a color autocal - if i restore just that will it restore gamma too - i just want the color restored?

edit: not sure what i did, but i think changing the PJ network dhcp off/on seemed to fix things i.e. patterns come up correctly & my meter reads Lv values
ran autocal color & it corrected my gamut
just running through calman now to see where everything is, but looking good so far...

edit2: thought i was going out of my mind...
replaced bulb, set iris -15, ran calman - red problem back, reloaded autocal file - same
then remembered reading that you had to calibrate with the iris @0,-5,-10,-15
did autocal again at -5,-10,-15
running calman again just to see where the new bulb is

so, can anyone tell me why the gamut is so f*!ked up after restoring the original init file - no gamut problems before i mucked with it

edit3: more thinking...
do i need to save the iris adjustments in different slots?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’m attempting my first gamma Autocal with x790 and a Spyder5. Every time I start, the screen turns white (as I understand it should), but it doesn’t ever switch off white. It just stays. I have to cycle the projector off/on to get an image back. When it comes back on, it acts like it has gone to step 2 to continue calibration. Thoughts/suggestions?

·
Registered
10,434 Posts
I have a x590r and I'm looking to calibrate it using autocal...I want the spyder x...can I use it with v10? Or no?
No, unless you use an “alternative” DLL:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks Dominic,

Will I be able to run the autocal off the screen or will i have to do the projector way?

Cause i tried the spyder 5 off the screen and it ruined the white balance, and the blacks were messed up.

Also i clicked on the link...is there a source file for other?

·
Registered
10,434 Posts
Thanks Dominic,

Will I be able to run the autocal off the screen or will i have to do the projector way?

Cause i tried the spyder 5 off the screen and it ruined the white balance, and the blacks were messed up.

Please do not cross-post to avoid unnecessary duplicated replies.
The SpyderX can only read off the screen, not directly pointing at the projector lens.

·
Registered
10,434 Posts
Sorry, thanks.

How do i get the other files...So i can use the meter?
You have already asked for them in the other thread. Please have some patience, especially some people are in different time zones.

·
Registered
10,434 Posts
Do you think the autocal will work better than the custom curve especially since its off the screen now?
Autocal and custom curves are not different alternatives. You need to run gamma autocal to have the custom curves work “properly”.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry for all this back and forth...
So do i need to do white temp balance and color adjustment after?

Basically i would do autocal and then do a custom curve using arves tool....and leave everything else to 0/default?

·
Registered
10,434 Posts
Sorry for all this back and forth...
So do i need to do white temp balance and color adjustment after?

Basically i would do autocal and then do a custom curve using arves tool....and leave everything else to 0/default?
After autocal the white balance and colours should be quite accurate already. You can fine-tune in HCFR or CalMAN, only if you want to.
The first couple of pages of the autocal thread should answer all of your questions:

·
Premium Member
11,889 Posts
Thanks Dominic,

Spyder5 is not designed to be used reading off the screen. You should really look at the info on this forum about doing JVC auto calibration to ensure you are even doing it right. Otherwise I would highly recommend hiring a professional. Doing the autocalibration wrong could severely mess up the image quality and performance of your projector.

1141 - 1153 of 1153 Posts