AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To the point I don't have a clue as to how to try and get the SpyderX detected by AutoCal. For background...

• I have tried two SpyderX sensors (with the same result)
  • One I used with Datacolor's software and it worked fine
  • Presuming the sensor(s) work
  • Have tried one laptop (rather old) and three computers (relatively new)
  • Plugging the sensor directly into the USB ports (virtually all of them including 2.0 and 3.0) using no extenders
  • Zero issue connecting AutoCal to the JVC RS2000 projector
  • Each attempt I have done a fresh install of Windows 10 Home/Pro
  • Installed NET Frame 3.51 then AutoCal 12 1.10 (and 12 1.11)
  • Finally plugged in the sensor (first time - detected by Windows and reported to be working properly (Device Manager))
  • Run AutoCal - every time I click on detect sensor (SpyderX) it comes back not detected!

I have tried various things such as removing the driver (Device Manager), reboots, different USB ports and so on. All with the same result. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions or could even chime in and give the details on their working configuration?

·
Registered
7,818 Posts
To the point I don't have a clue as to how to try and get the SpyderX detected by AutoCal. For background...

• I have tried two SpyderX sensors (with the same result)
  • One I used with Datacolor's software and it worked fine
  • Presuming the sensor(s) work
  • Have tried one laptop (rather old) and three computers (relatively new)
  • Plugging the sensor directly into the USB ports (virtually all of them including 2.0 and 3.0) using no extenders
  • Zero issue connecting AutoCal to the JVC RS2000 projector
  • Each attempt I have done a fresh install of Windows 10 Home/Pro
  • Installed NET Frame 3.51 then AutoCal 12 1.10 (and 12 1.11)
  • Finally plugged in the sensor (first time - detected by Windows and reported to be working properly (Device Manager))
  • Run AutoCal - every time I click on detect sensor (SpyderX) it comes back not detected!

I have tried various things such as removing the driver (Device Manager), reboots, different USB ports and so on. All with the same result. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions or could even chime in and give the details on their working configuration?
I assume you are have one of the NX series JVC projectors. It seems that when you hit check the sensor is not detected.
I suggest that you try the folllowing.
1. Make sure a source is on at the time. DVD Player, streaming device.
2.Connect the projector's lan output directly to your router or network switch.
3. Connect the laptop to the same network. (You can use wi-fi if you like.
4. Use DHCP on the projector and get your current IP address (It can change when you boot up)
5. Put the current IP address in the settings page of Autocalc and try the check button.
(I have found that using wi-fi from the laptop on the same network often works fine.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the hints however I have had zero issues connecting to the projector with each computer. I always verified it right before attempting the calibration. Plus I tried making sure a source "is playing" however others have verified it works without such on the current versions of the projector's firmware and AuoCal.

·
Registered
7,818 Posts
Appreciate the hints however I have had zero issues connecting to the projector with each computer. I always verified it right before attempting the calibration. Plus I tried making sure a source "is playing" however others have verified it works without such on the current versions of the projector's firmware and AuoCal.
Even though you had zero issues connecting to the computer I still suggest that you connect the projector directly to your network instead of the computer. Then get your auto
IP address and connect the laptop or computer using wi-fi not direct. For some reason this has worked for me. It is easy to do and worth a try.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Even though you had zero issues connecting to the computer I still suggest that you connect the projector directly to your network instead of the computer.
It has always been connected that way... I have it wired to a switch in the electronic closet with a fixed IP via the router. Computer wise I have tried wired and wireless.

At this point I'm about to offer a reward to anyone who solves it... or even build another computer to try... :) Although after five it's getting rather old.

·
Registered
7,818 Posts
It has always been connected that way... I have it wired to a switch in the electronic closet with a fixed IP via the router. Computer wise I have tried wired and wireless.

At this point I'm about to offer a reward to anyone who solves it... or even build another computer to try... :) Although after five it's getting rather old.
You said that you have a fixed IP. Set DHCP to auto and get your IP address.
Put the IP address in Autocal settings and try to connect through wi-fi.
(One more thing. Try both 2.4 and 5z wi-fi connections. (I am guessing that the software is not seeing the IP address since you say that the driver is not the issue.
One last thing. Make sure you don't have any iP conflicts and check the device manager to be sure you are using IP 4 on both the projector and the computer.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
You said that you have a fixed IP. Set DHCP to auto and get your IP address.
I think you might be confused. I have zero issues connecting to the projector via AutoCal. It has been instantly verified on all of the computers. Now if you are saying AutoCal checks the connection and reports it as OK and still has an issue when I try to select the SpyderX I guess I'm lost. I can't see where the projector comes into play when it's attempting to connect to the SpyderX.

Sorry, perhaps I'm confused. My issue is when I select SpyderX it always comes back "Not Detected" or some such. I have even tried to connect to the projector after the error and it's still connected.

My understanding is the projector and sensor aren't really tied together until you start the actual calibration. When you select Calibration if the projector isn't connected it reports the error and you never get to selecting the sensor. Someone has verified you can even have the PC/sensor in another room as along as the PC and projector are connected to each other (via the network). They reported AutoCal would proceed to the next screen after selecting the SpyderX... about aiming the sensor and some such.

·
Registered
7,818 Posts
I don't think I am confused. That is the reason why I made the suggestion to use auto DHCP when you connect the projector to your router.
I then suggested that you connect the laptop to the same network using Wi-Fi and put in the IP address from the projector in the settings page on Autocalc.
With a source on hit check (detect sensor). This is the way I got it to work. I had issues at first not realizing on was on the same network. I was on 5z not 2.4 since they had the same name.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Let's try again... When I click on Calibration it proceeds to the Select sensor screen. That is when I click on SpyderX and it comes back Not Detected. If the projector is not connected when I click on Calibration it reports the projector isn't connected and never proceeds to the sensor selection screen.

I understand you had an issue however I don't think it was related to mine... and in reality what frequency you used to connect to the network wouldn't matter as long as the connection was solid. Since the projector was connecting through the network and not connecting directly via wireless.

Bottm line AutoCal always reports the projector is connected OK (under setup and at the beginning of Calibration by passing the connection check and not throwing up the error it's not connected before the sensor selection screen). The issue is once presented with select the sensor AutoCal never sees the SpyderX (made available as in the first post).

·
Registered
7,818 Posts
Let's try again... When I click on Calibration it proceeds to the Select sensor screen. That is when I click on SpyderX and it comes back Not Detected. If the projector is not connected when I click on Calibration it reports the projector isn't connected and never proceeds to the sensor selection screen.

I understand you had an issue however I don't think it was related to mine... and in reality what frequency you used to connect to the network wouldn't matter as long as the connection was solid. Since the projector was connecting through the network and not connecting directly via wireless.

Bottm line AutoCal always reports the projector is connected OK (under setup and at the beginning of Calibration by passing the connection check and not throwing up the error it's not connected before the sensor selection screen). The issue is once presented with select the sensor AutoCal never sees the SpyderX (made available as in the first post).
Sorry. I assumed incorrectly that the Check did not work in settings. Very strange issue. I am sure you have tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers.
If that does not work I am at a loss about what is happening. You might want to consult with Mann's suggestions on a different forum if you have not already done so.
Can't post link but Google JVC NX 5 or 7 Calibration. Sorry you are having such a frustrating time.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To put a bow on this thread I called JVC support (Level 2) and they didn't have any suggestions or possible fixes. After trying a few more times (works great with the Datacolor software) I'm punting. I'll either return or sell the SpyderX and move on...

·
Registered
1 Posts
OMG I am having the same exact issue. I’ve been trying to get the SpyderX Pro to connect for 4 hours now and it just won’t work. Have done everything you mentioned above. It connects to the projector fine, but not the SpyderX Pro. I guess I’ll just have to return it as well.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess I’ll just have to return it as well.
I ended up selling it on eBay since I only paid $49 for it via various discounts on Amazon. If you can call JVC support. I got to level two and they stated I'm the only one with the issue...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello, I am a new owner of a RS2000 that I purchased from a fine member on here. I too was struggling to get this software to work. I spent hours troubleshooting this issue and I believe that I have found the solution. I was getting a message stating that "Can not connect to the sensor" I have a background in IT so I was determined to figure this out.

First of all, please make sure that the hardware and software requirements are met on your computer. .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 is a requirement. I'm running Microsoft Windows 10 64bit. I know my system met all the requirements but it still would not work. Some technical areas I reviewed are device manager to look at the driver version, verified 3.5 SP1 was installed.

The SpyderX shows up in device manager when it is connected to a USB port

The version on my system is:

and the file it uses is:

So far everything seemed to be there but there was still no joy. I downloaded a utility from Microsoft called Procmon. I ran the JVC software and set the Procmon to capture the activity. I then attempted to calibrate and clicked on the SpyderX many many times. I stopped the capture of Procmon and reviewed the results. There was a file called VCRuntime140.dll that the JVC software was attempting to access but the file was not found. I located the file on Microsoft's website and downloaded it from here: Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC from Official Microsoft Download Center

select the 'X86" and click next to download it

After you download it, install it, immediately after the installation completed I was able to connect to the SpyderX

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Some lessons learned by me which may help others. This is of a technical process so if you do not feel comfortable with these steps, please seek the advice of an IT professional.

After you launch the JVC software you need to go to the settings (the far right) and set your screen size and verify that you can connect to the projector. When you click on check it should say connect OK. If it give you a red 'Connect NG' that means your not seeing the projector. I set mine up using the wired network interface on my laptop. If you go to the network settings on your projector turn off DHCP. Make a note of the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway values. Click on set and exit the projector menu,

Now you need to set these values on your wired network interface. For Windows 10, click on the Windows start button and type word 'Network' then select Network Status. On the left select Ethernet
View attachment 3078667
Now on the far right click on 'Change adapter options"

Now select your wired network connection and right click on it and select properties

Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 and then select Properties

Take a screen shot of the current configuration (Hold windows, shift and the S key and drag the area to capture), if DHCP is enabled you will need to set it back in order for you to be able to connect after you have calibrated and connected to the projector. Likewise if there are values in the IP Address, Subnet Mask, or Default Gateway those will need to be added back in after you do your calibration so be sure to record these settings so they can be restored.

Here is my IP, subnet, and gateway, Notice that the last number of the IP is a 3 instead of a 2. Everything you recorded from your projectors network screen will be the same with the exception of the IP as shown below.

Click ok and test your JVC software for connectivity.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Where does the install place the VCRuntime140.dll file? I searched on one of the PCs I tried and I have it installed in several..

No longer have the sensor but if someone removes the file/uninstalls the download and it fails then copies it back or reruns the install and it works I'll try to get another sensor.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
should be in the c:\windows\system32 directory.

The install from Microsoft should install it to the correct locations. After reviewing your screenshot, I don't see it listing in the c:\windows\system32 directory.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here's a search after the vc_redist.x86.exe install...

Attachments

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 23 Posts