Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

im wondering what to get...i know its a crt vs lcd but for my price range jvc(999$cdn) and viewsonic(899$cdn). choosing a tv when i was a kid was much more easy then now hehehe the crt seem quite versatile as picture quality...but the lcd is slim and i might use it as a computer monitor later when i get a bigger tv....what would u choose?

thanks for the hints...

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've looked at both of these and as you said, it's it a bit hard to compare LCD and CRT, but it's easier when they're the same (or similar) price as is your example. I would say if your primary goal will be for watching TV, I'd go with the JVC. The Viewsonic looks okay, but you'll likely get a nicer TV picture and better blacks out of a CRT.

I bought a Dell 19" LCD TV a while ago but primarily for computer usage and I've been very happy because the TV functionality is just gravy. I don't think the average person would use a 27" computer monitor especially when the resolution is only 1280 X 720.

The other thing to consider if lifespan. Many people who buy CRT TV's end up using them for many years. IMHO, an LCD TV has a bigger question mark on it. It may only be rated for X number of hours. CRT has been used for decades so it's a stable technology, there may still be some long-term kinks to work out with LCD.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.