AVS Forum banner

4361 - 4380 of 4389 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you use Spyder5 for Autocal it doesn’t not take into consideration the screen characteristics. Plus some Spyder5s are not that accurate to start with.

The “adjustment” is based on measurements taken off the screen , possibly with a more accurate meter.

I also own i1d3 meter with hcfr. Will that work to adjust with better results? Can I adjust the 6500k preset and should that be ok for all modes sdr and HDR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,836 Posts
I also own i1d3 meter with hcfr. Will that work to adjust with better results? Can I adjust the 6500k preset and should that be ok for all modes sdr and HDR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The i1D3 is generally considered a better meter than the Spyder.

·
Registered
8,836 Posts
Did the hack offer a live of control that exceeds Arve's tool or simple enable other light meters?
The hack has the same functionality as the original JVC Autocal, other than supporting the i1D3.

The curves produced using Arve’s tool “overlays” on the projector’s Normal gamma, and therefore will only work correctly (accurately) if the projector has no gamma droop. And gamma droop can only be corrected with Autocal.

·
Registered
8,836 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Maybe it’s beginners question but I have to know, what is that PeakY?
I try to find answer on this forum for few hours and still found nothing...
I saw in this thread that I can know the peakY with Spyder5 software, I made calibration and see that my white luminance Y is 733, what is mean?
I want to import gamma curves from jvc macros pack and don’t know what is the correct gamma for me.
Ty for helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,836 Posts
Maybe it’s beginners question but I have to know, what is that PeakY?
I saw in this thread that I can know the peakY with Spyder5 software, I made calibration and see that my white luminance Y is 733, what is mean?
I want to import gamma curves from jvc macros pack and don’t know what is the correct gamma for me.
Ty for helps!
If you click on the link in my signature “Creating a basic...”, that post contains a link describing how to measure PeakY.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Maybe it’️s beginners question but I have to know, what is that PeakY?
I want to import gamma curves from jvc macros pack and don’️t know what is the correct gamma for me.
Ty for helps!
If you click on the link in my signature “Creating a basic...”, that post contains a link describing how to measure PeakY.
I saw that post but there is no explaining how to do that with Spyder5 software.
“ NOTE: Youn can also use the Spyder software to measure the peak nits.”

·
Registered
8,836 Posts
I saw that post but there is no explaining how to do that with Spyder5 software.
“ NOTE: Youn can also use the Spyder software to measure the peak nits.”
I tried out the SpyderX software and one of the first things it did was to measure the luminance and ask you to adjust to the target.

I don’t know what the “733” corresponds to. Make sure you’re measuring off the screen, not directly off the projector lens as when using Autocal.

·
Registered
8,836 Posts
Hidden Gem - Meter Correction Matrix

I don't know if someone else already found out that Autocal has some hidden settings that allow an XYZ correction matrix for the connected meter.

The option is called 'matrixOfSensor' and is located in the file %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\JVCKENWOOD\Projector Calibration Software *\init.xml.
This is a feature that has been asked by many, and yet it has existed at least since v7!

4361 - 4380 of 4389 Posts