AVS Forum banner

4421 - 4440 of 4471 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I have custom gamma curves that were added by ChadB when he calibrated my x790. I want to recalibrate Gamma to compensate for droop. Can I just run autocal, or will that overwrite the custom gamma settings?

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
I have custom gamma curves that were added by ChadB when he calibrated my x790. I want to recalibrate Gamma to compensate for droop. Can I just run autocal, or will that overwrite the custom gamma settings?
Running gamma autocal resets the base gamma, but leaves the custom gamma untouched. Note, however, the effective EOTF you get is the “composite” of the custom gamma and the “base” gamma.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Running gamma autocal resets the base gamma, but leaves the custom gamma untouched. Note, however, the effective EOTF you get is the “composite” of the custom gamma and the “base” gamma.
So if I follow correctly: If Chad’s custom gamma was created pre droop, restoring the base gamma to those levels, should return the EOTF of the custom gamma to where it was when Chad created it?

Thanks so much,

Pip

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
So if I follow correctly: If Chad’s custom gamma was created pre droop, restoring the base gamma to those levels, should return the EOTF of the custom gamma to where it was when Chad created it?

Thanks so much,

Pip
Yes, at least in theory.

·
Registered
98 Posts
So I wasn’t able to get the computer to “see” the spyder5 to validate the software (do I need to do that or just have it installed for the driver)

THEN I could not get the projector to connect to the computer.
The ip etc were all setup as directed. I hit connect and it kept coming back as NG connect

any advice maybe the LAN cable? I’m using a usb to Lan adapter. Maybe that’s the issue?

·
Rookie Member
229 Posts
Jumping here with my AutoCal headaches. I own both the RS600 and the RS2000 projectors. My problem is that I have never been able to connect successfully the 600 to the JVC software. I cannot make the DHCP work to find my laptop on my network. I am using an ethernet connection to both the laptop and the projector. The way I am able to do it on my 2000 is to set DHCP to On and it goes out and finds an address which I then copy into my Autocal software and the connection is made. On the 600 when I do this (by pressing the SET button) the projector reports back an error that "the attempt has failed". I have also tried via JVC's directions to set DHCP to off and fill in the appropriate numbers in the Autocal, but that always comes back as "connection NG". Like I said I have attempted this since the 600 was new - many, many failures. Is there something else I might try to make this connection? The unit has been calibrated by ChadB but that was a few years ago and the bulb has more than 1000 hours on it. Seems like a good time to calibrate. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Jumping here with my AutoCal headaches. I own both the RS600 and the RS2000 projectors. My problem is that I have never been able to connect successfully the 600 to the JVC software. I cannot make the DHCP work to find my laptop on my network. I am using an ethernet connection to both the laptop and the projector. The way I am able to do it on my 2000 is to set DHCP to On and it goes out and finds an address which I then copy into my Autocal software and the connection is made. On the 600 when I do this (by pressing the SET button) the projector reports back an error that "the attempt has failed". I have also tried via JVC's directions to set DHCP to off and fill in the appropriate numbers in the Autocal, but that always comes back as "connection NG". Like I said I have attempted this since the 600 was new - many, many failures. Is there something else I might try to make this connection? The unit has been calibrated by ChadB but that was a few years ago and the bulb has more than 1000 hours on it. Seems like a good time to calibrate. Any help would be appreciated.
Which version of the JVC software are you using on the RS600, should be an older one compared to the RS2000
Only v6/7 will work

·
Rookie Member
229 Posts
thanks, I am using v.7 and a Spyder 5 meter. I cannot get a connection either with techniques of using DHCP on and copying the resulting address into the software or using DHCP off and, using the JVC instructions, putting a different value than the projector in the software's window. Jvc uses the example of changing the last digit by 1. Tried all these things but nothing works.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
thanks, I am using v.7 and a Spyder 5 meter. I cannot get a connection either with techniques of using DHCP on and copying the resulting address into the software or using DHCP off and, using the JVC instructions, putting a different value than the projector in the software's window. Jvc uses the example of changing the last digit by 1. Tried all these things but nothing works.
Do the green and yellow LEDs turn on when you connect the cable?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Dare I ask if you have done a full Power On reset, I mean physically unplug the projector from the mains for an hour or so ?

We had about the same problem with a friend and as a very last resort he did that and magic the connection established ..... !

·
Rookie Member
229 Posts
Dare I ask if you have done a full Power On reset, I mean physically unplug the projector from the mains for an hour or so ?

We had about the same problem with a friend and as a very last resort he did that and magic the connection established ..... !
thanks, yes I have tried the cold boot but only left it off for a minute or so, will try the longer method. Thanks

·
Registered
197 Posts
anyone running a Lumagen pro on their rs600?

worth it? I couldf grab a 4442 for $3000 not sure if its worth the coin
I'm running a 4242 with my rs500 and all I can say is wow! I have a few go to movies that I've using to dial everything in during setup and calibration and now I keep watching those same movies over and over because the picture is so good. Well worth the purchase IMO.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm running a 4242 with my rs500 and all I can say is wow! I have a few go to movies that I've using to dial everything in during setup and calibration and now I keep watching those same movies over and over because the picture is so good. Well worth the purchase IMO.
not sure it belongs here...but can you tell me some of your settings to get the great picture. now im intrigued

·
Registered
578 Posts
No go, I let it go for several hours but still no change. Any thoughts at all? I guess a hardware issue with projector.
You said it's OK with your RS2000 but not with the older RS600,
question : have you ever been able to use the Lan connection of your RS600 in the past ?

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
You said it's OK with your RS2000 but not with the older RS600,
question : have you ever been able to use the Lan connection of your RS600 in the past ?
No, see:

·
Registered
10,373 Posts
anyone running a Lumagen pro on their rs600?

worth it? I couldf grab a 4442 for $3000 not sure if its worth the coin
I'm sure it is awesome, but for that much coin, couldn't you sell the RS600 and combine the funds and get a newer model projector with true 4k and excellent dynamic HDR tone mapping built in?

4421 - 4440 of 4471 Posts