AVS Forum banner

4541 - 4545 of 4545 Posts

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
I was then going to start a Gamma calibration using the REC709F Profile as you suggested, but my tripod does not accept the meter, i will have to buy an adapter before being able to use it :(
Sounds like you have a professional tripod with a 3/8” screw.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Sorry I know this has been asked a billion times, but I found 2 answers when looking. I know lamp and filter changes require a separate gamma calibration. Does iris? I found some posts that say yes and some that say no. These are my 4 main usage profiles and how I think I need to go:

SDR - Low Lamp, Iris -7, No Filter -run already
MADVR - High Lamp, Iris 0, Filter Enabled - run already
3D SDR - High Lamp, Iris 0, No filter - needs it own run due to Lamp + Filter combo....
HDR Auto Frame - Low Lamp, Iris 0, No Filter - would this use the SDR information already run or would it need its own run due to the iris change?

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Sorry I know this has been asked a billion times, but I found 2 answers when looking. I know lamp and filter changes require a separate gamma calibration. Does iris? I found some posts that say yes and some that say no. These are my 4 main usage profiles and how I think I need to go:

SDR - Low Lamp, Iris -7, No Filter -run already
MADVR - High Lamp, Iris 0, Filter Enabled - run already
3D SDR - High Lamp, Iris 0, No filter - needs it own run due to Lamp + Filter combo....
HDR Auto Frame - Low Lamp, Iris 0, No Filter - would this use the SDR information already run or would it need its own run due to the iris change?
Iris affects colour calibration; it does not affect gamma calibration.
I’ve answered this a billion times😀

·
Registered
989 Posts
Iris affects colour calibration; it does not affect gamma calibration.
I’ve answered this a billion times😀
Haha yeah I bet you have, you answer about 90% of my questions in most calibration based threads! So thanks for all you do! Thats probably why I found 2 different answers, though, I will note down in my calibration log\instructions. I did try searching at least lol

4541 - 4545 of 4545 Posts