AVS Forum banner

441 - 460 of 4669 Posts

·
Registered
Quadruple Stack w/ JVC RS2000/N7| Runco Q750 | DPI M-Vision Cine LED | Benq HT9060
5,407 Posts
Forget P3, it's not relevant with UHD Bluray.

You need the BT2020 profile to display UHD Bluray properly, even on the RS400 which doesn't have a filter.

Or you can use my BT2020-NF.

Either way, I would run an autocal of the profile if you can, it would likely improve results.

The disc/player doesn't trigger an automatic selection of bt2020. It's your responsibility to select a user mode with the BT2020 profile selected. The only thing that is selected automatically when the UHD Bluray starts to play is gamma D (PQ Gamma), so you can use the same user setting for SDR BT2020 (select whichever gamma you like) and gamma D (with JVC's settings or whatever works best in your environment).
Thanks Manni, I been reading everything now. You have written a manual on this stuff. JVC should definitely put you on their payroll. My spyder 5 is ordered and my Samsung K8500 should be here this evening, along with Concussion, Deadpool, Revevant, and Risen in UHD BD. I did have trouble importing the bt2020 profile. The connection gave me the OK from the LAN connection but when I went out of the settings to import the profile, it kept saying there is a problem with my signal. Hopefully, I get it working tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #443 ·
Thanks Manni, I been reading everything now. You have written a manual on this stuff. JVC should definitely put you on their payroll. My spyder 5 is ordered and my Samsung K8500 should be here this evening, along with Concussion, Deadpool, Revevant, and Risen in UHD BD. I did have trouble importing the bt2020 profile. The connection gave me the OK from the LAN connection but when I went out of the settings to import the profile, it kept saying there is a problem with my signal. Hopefully, I get it working tomorrow.
It's in the software manual. The PJ need to get an input (preferably 1080p) for the software to work.

I tried to write an addendum to the software manual. You still have to read the original, as instructed in the first post :)

·
Registered
Quadruple Stack w/ JVC RS2000/N7| Runco Q750 | DPI M-Vision Cine LED | Benq HT9060
5,407 Posts
It's in the software manual. The PJ need to get an input (preferably 1080p) for the software to work.

I tried to write an addendum to the software manual. You still have to read the original, as instructed in the first post :)
Ok. I'm about to look at it now.

Thanks Manni. I trying to import that profile for 90 minutes not even knowing that a 1080p signal was needed. Worked right away.

Reactions: muzz

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
No luck again. The bt2020 profile would import up to 40% then states the lan connection was lost. I attempted again 8 hours later and I can not get the software to connect now. I spent way too much time on a simple process that isn't that long to accomplish. Is there any suggestions? Not sure why I can't get the software to connect again.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #446 ·
No luck again. The bt2020 profile would import up to 40% then states the lan connection was lost. I attempted again 8 hours later and I can not get the software to connect now. I spent way too much time on a simple process that isn't that long to accomplish. Is there any suggestions? Not sure why I can't get the software to connect again.
Do you have any other software accessing the projector, like iRule on an iPad/iPhone/Android or similar? This could explain the interrupted connection. Also make sure the Spyder software isn't loaded. You have to delete it from the start-up folder and reboot the computer, otherwise it conflicts with the JVC Autocal.

Otherwise it sounds like you're having network issues, you should make sure you use a fixed IP address and that no other device is conflicting with it.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Probably my network because nothing should be interfering.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #448 ·
Probably my network because nothing should be interfering.
Make sure the source is stable too and that there is no eco feature in the AVR / laptop that could kick in during the upload of the profile.

Otherwise network issue. Try to PING the PJ when you can't connect to see if it's present on the network or not.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Make sure the source is stable too and that there is no eco feature in the AVR / laptop that could kick in during the upload of the profile.

Otherwise network issue. Try to PING the PJ when you can't connect to see if it's present on the network or not.
I can not get the projector to connect. Not sure what happened with the importing yesterday but the projector just is not connecting to the network. My Internet is running, I just don't know what happened that I'm not able to connect again.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Did you try disconnecting power to PJ and rebooting PC?

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
I just unplugged the projector 2 hours ago. Try it again tomorrow

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Clearly, my first go round with the Spyder 5 and JVC autocal was not ideal (my gamma had a weird "S" shape instead of a straight line). I plan on redoing the process but I was wondering if it was necessary to reload my backup "init" file (to get back to base factory settings) before starting the process again.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
If your in Australia looking for a Spyder 4, computer parts land has the hdtv package for $140. It is the pro version sensor and works fine with jvc software.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #454 ·
Clearly, my first go round with the Spyder 5 and JVC autocal was not ideal (my gamma had a weird "S" shape instead of a straight line). I plan on redoing the process but I was wondering if it was necessary to reload my backup "init" file (to get back to base factory settings) before starting the process again.

Thanks
No need to reload the .init, just redo a gamma with a standard colour profile (not a custom one).

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Unplugging the projector worked. A lot of wasted time, but the bt2020 profile is imported. I move into my house on June 18th and my projector is new, should I wait until then to do the autocal?

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #457 ·
Unplugging the projector worked. A lot of wasted time, but the bt2020 profile is imported. I move into my house on June 18th and my projector is new, should I wait until then to do the autocal?
It depends if you want to practice or not.

The PJ is fairly accurate OOTB for around 50-100 hours. It's after that that the Autocal becomes most beneficial.

So you could just enjoy the PJ now if the picture looks right, especially in HDR (look at the clipping pattern when you set gamma/contrast on any Sony UHD Bluray to see if the greyscale seems correct).

If nothing hurts your eyes, watch some movies and put some hours on, the lamp drifts quite a bit in the first 100 hours.

Otherwise, run a quick autocal for the modes/settings you use, or those that don't look right.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
It depends if you want to practice or not.

The PJ is fairly accurate OOTB for around 50-100 hours. It's after that that the Autocal becomes most beneficial.

So you could just enjoy the PJ now if the picture looks right, especially in HDR (look at the clipping pattern when you set gamma/contrast on any Sony UHD Bluray to see if the greyscale seems correct).

If nothing hurts your eyes, watch some movies and put some hours on, the lamp drifts quite a bit in the first 100 hours.

Otherwise, run a quick autocal for the modes/settings you use, or those that don't look right.
I'll probably just watch it for 2 weeks until the move. So far it looks great. My wife even said it looks amazing. I only grab the 400 because I want to make sure there wasn't any new JVC projectors at Cedia. The 400 is the easiest to sell without losing money. Anyway it's a good solution until September when I upgrade to the 500 or something new from JVC.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Would appreciate any help on completing a successful auto calibration of my RS600.
I have RS600, Spyder5 Elite, Version 7 auto calibration software, windows10 64bit.

I have followed Manni01's recommendations for calibration.
The software completes the gamma calibration then skips color. It then completed is calculations and sends them to the projector. When the completed summary of the calibration is displayed it says error for 100% white. This of course throws the calibration out the window. The colors are whacky and totally off.

I guess my question is what could cause a error reading 100% white?

Thanks....:(

441 - 460 of 4669 Posts