AVS Forum banner

1281 - 1300 of 4471 Posts

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
Easy enough turning the bluray player on. Will try to give it a test just to see if it works in a couple hours won't be able to do anything else though

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
So of course when I go to save at 14% and the program stops responding. I had to close the program fully. I ran the calibration for the second time good results again. Once again 14% program stops responding ehhhh any new advice man I keep hitting brick walls

·
Registered
9,629 Posts

·
Registered
8,964 Posts
These not as good
Have you read page one post one at least 3 times fully through?

In regards to this, its correct, assuming you calibrated the Standard picture colour profile.

You need to upload the Rec709NF colour profile from Manni, put it in a new User Slot, such as User 2, and then calibrate that profile when you are done with all your gamma and colour temp cals on the Standard profile... His instructions are there in post one step by step.

·
Registered
365 Posts
So of course when I go to save at 14% and the program stops responding. I had to close the program fully. I ran the calibration for the second time good results again. Once again 14% program stops responding ehhhh any new advice man I keep hitting brick walls
Make sure you selected a correct folder location for saving the cal files in settings! Also, I would restart the PC and make sure you have enough free memory (around 1GB). To be safe, restart software after every second calibration round.

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
These not as good
Have you read page one post one at least 3 times fully through?

In regards to this, its correct, assuming you calibrated the Standard picture colour profile.

You need to upload the Rec709NF colour profile from Manni, put it in a new User Slot, such as User 2, and then calibrate that profile when you are done with all your gamma and colour temp cals on the Standard profile... His instructions are there in post one step by step.
Not only have I printed it out at work (people were looking at me weird) I will continue to read it. I know the rec 709 profle step is next. I actually already uploaded the 709 and 2020. But until I fix this 14% error I can't move on.

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
Make sure you selected a correct folder location for saving the cal files in settings! Also, I would restart the PC and make sure you have enough free memory (around 1GB). To be safe, restart software after every second calibration round.
I will give this a shot later today after work thanks for the suggestion

·
Registered
8,964 Posts
Not only have I printed it out at work (people were looking at me weird) I will continue to read it. I know the rec 709 profle step is next. I actually already uploaded the 709 and 2020. But until I fix this 14% error I can't move on.

It is indeed an unfortunate series of events. Must be super frustrating :)

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
I would like your opinion about the accuracy of the readings I get with my Spyder5. I took the same readings with it and with my professionnally calibrated EyeOne.

How do you determine if it is close enough to my reference meter? to me it looks good, but the difference in fL reading for 100% white seems not as good? Any advice welcome, picture one is Spyder5 picture two is my reference (EyeOne)

It's a numbers game. For each R, G and B, if the max differences between the reference probe's x,y coordinates and the Spyder5 x,y coordinates are within +- 0.008, you'll have a Spyder5 probe within 6dE (for dE94) of the reference probe: These are differences barely noticeable by the eye. If the differences are within 0.004, then you'll have a "Golden Probe" ... within 3dE (for dE94). You'll have to decide how much a difference is acceptable to you versus going through the hassle of returning the probe.

Workflow: So for Red x and y differences: R[x(ref) - x(spyder5)] and R[y(ref) - y (spyder5)]. If the max difference of either x or y is more than 0.008 get another probe if you are a purist ... Else, do this for Green and Blue and repeat the difference analysis ... Else, all x and y difference are 0.008 or under, so keep the Sypder probe.

If one wants to verify 0.004 is roughly 3dE (for dE94), look at the Chromapure data and compare the "reference standard (rec709)" x,y coordinates versus what you got with your probe for each R, G and B ... then compare the max difference of either x or y to Chromapure's dE94 value. To do this, one has to know what the "reference standard" rec709 x,y coordinates for RGB are:

Primary CIE 1931 xy chromaticity diagram x, y:
Red 0.64, 0.33
Green 0.3, 0.6
Blue 0.15, 0.06

Then see if Chromapure's dE94 values are consistent with differences of 0.004 for 3dE and 0.008 for 6dE. :)

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
Ok laptop would not save for anything. Don't have a desktop wire long enough right now so I went back and just tried to do it with my desktop displaying the image. Results look even better!!! I am able to save on the desktop doing so now !!

Attachments

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
Ok some next step questions.

Since I calibrated picture mode natural. Once I saved the first step which my curve looked good.

I move onto step 2 which is calibrating the colors.
Now having a brain fart here. The only way I can change the color profile custom 1 is the change the picture mode. I can't leave picture mode on natural the one I calibrated. Since I saved it does this apply across all the picture modes?

So in order to calibrate the 709 should I choose user 1 and custom one and run the calibration.? (I have already loaded the rec 709 and 2020 file.

Also does each user setting cArry a different set of custom modes?

For example I have user 1 custom mode 1-5
And when I choose user 2 I have customs mode 1-5 are the custom modes the same as user one? Or do I have a separate 5 for each user mode?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
It's a numbers game. For each R, G and B, if the max differences between the reference probe's x,y coordinates and the Spyder5 x,y coordinates are within +- 0.008, you'll have a Spyder5 probe within 6dE (for dE94) of the reference probe: These are differences barely noticeable by the eye. If the differences are within 0.004, then you'll have a "Golden Probe" ... within 3dE (for dE94). You'll have to decide how much a difference is acceptable to you versus going through the hassle of returning the probe.

Workflow: So for Red x and y differences: R[x(ref) - x(spyder5)] and R[y(ref) - y (spyder5)]. If the max difference of either x or y is more than 0.008 get another probe if you are a purist ... Else, do this for Green and Blue and repeat the difference analysis ... Else, all x and y difference are 0.008 or under, so keep the Sypder probe.

If one wants to verify 0.004 is roughly 3dE (for dE94), look at the Chromapure data and compare the "reference standard (rec709)" x,y coordinates versus what you got with your probe for each R, G and B ... then compare the max difference of either x or y to Chromapure's dE94 value. To do this, one has to know what the "reference standard" rec709 x,y coordinates for RGB are:

Primary CIE 1931 xy chromaticity diagram x, y:
Red 0.64, 0.33
Green 0.3, 0.6
Blue 0.15, 0.06

Then see if Chromapure's dE94 values are consistent with differences of 0.004 for 3dE and 0.008 for 6dE. :)
Thank you so much!

Using Chromapure, and pointing both meters at the screen from the same location, I got the readings below (see picture).

I guess my Spyder5 is a keeper, since the differences are quite low (white 0.005/0.006 red 0.007/0.001 green 0.005/0.001 blue 0.002/0.005) between it and my reference meter.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Just trying to import the BT.2020 and had a few questions:

What is the best way to connect my computer using Windows 7 to the JVC RS500?

1. Direct from computer to JVC using ethernet cable

2. Connect JVC to the network and then connect my computer to the network

Any other tips? Is the connection fairly automatic?

Is it easy to create a connection and just upload the BT.2020 to the JVC?

As I am not calibrating my JVC, do I have to worry about doing a back up of the init file?

I also have a computer with Window 10 that I can use. Is Windows 10 better then Window 7 or is there no difference?

Thanks

1281 - 1300 of 4471 Posts