AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Preditor
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find the answer in the FAQ (I'm going blind I guess), so got a question.

Can the JVC process a 1360x1024 signal through the component video input? The signal would be native, not any other signal that is scaled.

I'm out of rack space and since I have an preamp with component video switching and all my components have component video, was thinking of running the HTPC from an RGB to YPbPr transcoder so that I can eliminate my RGB switcher (to make room for another piece of equipment). But I'd only want to do this if I could still send the HTPC signal in native form to the projector and run through SXGA3.

Any suggestions? I didn't find it in the manual either.

-Brian

·
Registered
774 Posts
Brian,

You need to input through Computer 1 or Computer 2 for this type of signal. I do not believe the projector will recognize that signal via the Component input and if it did, bandwidth is limited using the Component input.

I've seen the effect of bandwidth limitations when viewing 1080i and 720P sources and comparing image sharpness between Component and Computer inputs...Computer inputs are much crisper. Bandwidth requirements for 1360x1024 are much higher than 1080i or 720P.

Regards,

·
Preditor
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tom...

It's a moot point now anyway. Why? Well, for some reason my G-11 won't recognize my Hi-Vision Laserdisc player through component inputs, but works fine through Computer 2 (RGB+HV). Go figure, the manual shows hooking up Hi-Vision through component. No biggie though.

Your comments about HDTV through component are very intriguing. I have a D-VHS deck hooked up via component. Looks good, but a friend is baffled saying it looks 'soft' and no where near as sharp as HTPC DVD which just floors him.

Thanks I really appreciate it !

-Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.