AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have reorganised my HT and decided to place the speakers behind the screen, resulting in screen moving closer to the projector by some 20". Projector is fixed on the ceiling within the hush-box with non-flexible hot air exhaust pipe attached.

This exercise resulted in the smaller image that I would like restored to the original size. One option is to reposition the hush-box and the exhaust pipe, but that may turn into a building project to large to be completed before Christmas.

Other alternative is to use ISCO Wide Angle Attachment 0.80x or 0.75x .

I cannot find any posts mentioning these lenses.

Does anyone have some experience with using either of them especially with D-ILA projectors. Are there any undesirable side effect like picture softening or edge distortions, mounting problems or similar considerations I should be aware. How much space does the lense takes infront the projector, i.e. would it fit within hush-box.

Any other manufacturers?

Comments appreciated.

·
Registered
611 Posts
This is only slightly related to your actual question, but I advocate putting the ISCO inside the hushbox. I modified my Whisperflow to be deeper to accomodate the ISCOII and then filtered the incoming air to a G-15. The ISCO stays dustfree and the only touchup is to blow the front flow glass port from the outside. Plus this makes the ISCO disappear.

Does this model (.75 or .98) both stretch and magnify?

Luck

Vince

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vlubbers,

Thanks for the comment. I have about 6" left between the D-ILA lens and the hush-box edge so my hope is that the Wide Angle attachement would fit inside.

How much space is taken by your ISCO II lens?

·
Registered
637 Posts
In my experience it did soften the image but eventually I was able to get it focused almost perfectly. In my opinion an ISCO II lens is a no-brainer since it makes any digital projector 30% better in terms of both lumen's and pixel count. I originally bought it for my LT154 (that I still need sell *slapping myself for being lazy*) and now use it with my JVC. It will only become obsolete when 2.35 projectors come to market and I don't see that happening... Incidentally I purchased it over the panamorph because it made the image bigger and I needed that due to the near position I needed to mount my projector. I think it will do exactly what you want it to do but it will take a little time to get things perfect again, like the focus issue (you will get it just take your time), and you will notice that due to the stretch a small amount of arc will be introduced, which in my case will be very soon repaired by a single curve screen (materials are purchased I just need to get off my arse and make it!).

·
Registered
611 Posts
The ISCO II grows a bit as you tilt it to focus things. Also, the front of my hush box comes off with wing nuts. Setting up the ISCO can be tedious, expecially if you don't have easy access. One clamping mechanism per side sets both height and tilt. Two separate controls would be much better IMHO.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Noah,

Thanks for refocusing this thread. My original question was about the wide agnle attachment but I do appreciate the coments regarding the anamorphic attachment as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.