AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember reading a few months back that this projector' release was imminent. Does anyone have any info now? It seems perfect for me. Did I miss something, has it been canceled? Or is it like everything else in this industry (delayed, delayed, delayed). Thanks in advance for any info.

JOE

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's pretty bad news. After my post I modified my search and found a lot more posts. Didnt' hear about the cancellation though.

Now, if the price of the bulb would just come down.

JOE

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
The G3010Z will not be a model that we will see by that name.

However, from what I understand, JVC made lots of changes for the better from the early G3010Z. Contrast. Uniformity. Even the name changed.

The new UHP D-ILA will be called the "JVC DS1", the last I heard. Maybe this new "quiet D-ILA" will surprise us all!

·
Registered
6,227 Posts

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
PP,

I'm not so sure that they are selling it (and I'm too lazy to call)...their description certainly doesn't match the projector.

[*] It's NOT UXGA (it's wide SXGA, AKA WXGA [slang])[*] "Computeringang, 16:9 weergave" - What does THAT mean? http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif [*] "420 watt Xenon lamp" - Nope. UHP.[*] 52 Db-fan. Not even close. That is the G11 fan Db.[*] "3.900.000 pixels". OK. Give them one point for that.

·
Registered
207 Posts
This received yesterday:

-----------------------

In dialogue with JVC Canada in regards to this product they have announced the official arrival of the DLA-DS1 by the end of May 2001 into the Canadian market.

They have released the product in March 2001 into Asian markets including Japan as well as into Europe as the DLA-G3010.

---------

I will give you my impressions after I have seen the machine. Although, I have been told that it was less than two weeks away from shipment before.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I talked with a JVC guy on Wednesday. The 3010 is being sold in Europe. It is not being sold in the US. An improved unit will be sold in the US under a different name.

------------------

Steve

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Thanks for the update, Stinger. I think that JVC was wise to delay it to this point. It is looking really quite good (from specs), much better than when they first announced it.

From the specs, I would describe it as a "UHP-powered G13" (fictional). In other words, a quiet, cool Gxx right between a G11 and a G15. Rated lumens at about the G13 level, same out-of-box contrast, same SXGA resolution.

I find it interesting that on the site you linked to, they describe the G11 as "good for video presentations" and the G3010Z as "For Super Home-theater".

Interesting...

·
Registered
774 Posts
Officially...

The product will be known as the DLA-DS1 in the US and we will have them available soon. We will be showing the product at InfoComm and might be able to get some out for eval beforehand. Pricing is still under discussion but I think you will like it

As to the unit's suitability for HT...the unit has an honest 100:1 contrast ratio, I think that speaks for itself. In a very dark theater level lighting environment the blacks will probably not be acceptable...in brighter environments the projector should provide all the DILA benefits along with low-noise and lower operating cost along with a much improved scaler.

Myself, I'd rather have one of the xenon based models with the higher contrast and better colorimetry but then again, many people are entirely satisfied with the 10HT and the DS1 might be just the ticket for many.

Regards,

------------------

Tom Stites

Director, Business Development

Digital Systems Division

JVC Professional Products

"My opinions do not necessarily reflect..."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.