AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, I hope someone can help me out here...

Back in the summer of 2004, when this projector was all the rage, JVC offered a free HD10U camcorder with the purchase of a projector. I shot a lot of 720p miniDV's of my young son, who has since passed away. I no longer have the camera, and it appears, that newer mini DV cameras won't play the 720p tapes. For obvious reasons, I really want to download this material.

So, does anyone have one of these 720p miniDV cameras laying around? I'd love to arrange to rent it long enough to download the material. Or, any other suggestions?

Thanks,

James

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
James

It is very, very sad to hear of your loss. Have you tried the usual searches for video and video editing companies in your area? Surely there should be some company you can find that wold be able to do a conversion from those cassettes to a more user friendly video format for you. In addition to the small 1 chip JVC 720P units, the professional JVC HDV camcorders HD100 and HD 200 used that cassette at either 720 30P or 60P up until the most recent version which has gone tapeless. And there were a lot of them sold so probably many companies with that capability. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
806 Posts
My God, I am so sorry for your loss! I wish I could do something more than offer assistance in this area, but I am guessing the therapy lies therein. You could try any local photography shop. Many offer these types of services (transferring of digital/analog content). If they do not internally, they usually have resources they use for this purpose (ousourcing). There are also a number of reputable places that do this on the internet and ebay. I hope that you can find solace in the memories. I do not know how anyone copes with the loss of a child.

Best wishes,

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts