Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine arrives next week, very excited!

Have any of you found discrete on/off codes? I emailed JVC and they said that this TV does not have discrete on/off codes which too me seems a bit weird since they had the foresidght to have discrete input codes.

If not, is there anyway to overcome this if everything else in my system (processor, dvd etc) has discrete on/off or do you just have to switch the TV back on/off again if you accidently switch it off/on.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Man, everyone is starting to get their JVC sets again... Where's mine?!? I only bought it on Sept. 6th! :(

I think this has been talked about somewhere on the forum... Look around for the JVC owners thread.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Since you've already found my post with the discrete codes, I'll point out that this TV has a "feature" that prevents you from turning the set on/off until the off/on cooldown/warmup cycle has completed.

However, if you're like me and want to play with these codes, you'll probably turn the TV off accidentally once or twice, so keep the factory remote handy to hit the power button right away. It gives you about 5 seconds to turn it back on if you've just turned it off. Past 5 seconds, you've got to wait for it to power off. (Before I got my set I was pre-training my 5 year old to not power on/off quickly, and I didn't let him use the power button for the first few weeks!)

One other note: the discrete power on command needs to be "held down" for it to work. I think that's because of the way the JVC IR commands are structured (at least how the Pronto treats them). I haven't had a chance to play with the codes to program in a repeating sequence to have it turn on with a single keypress. I think this is why my standalone TiVo's remote can't turn the TV on-- its TV Power button is not a "repeating" button (but Muting is, so I may try that sometime, too).

Tim

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I really can't for my TV, I also have a DVDO iSCAN HD to hook up!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I looked on Costo's web site and didnt' see the JVC, or much else for that matter in regards to HD TVs. Do they have merchandise in the stores that is not posted on their web site? I am not a member and I have not decided to join because the products I am shopping for do not appear on their web site.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I looked today and didnt see it either. There must have been a very small window where it showed up, and then they sold out of them. I ordered the HD-52Z575 from Costco online at 2:51 PM yesterday. I've never seen them in the stores.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got mine yesterday. Discrete on/off work like a charm. Tv is great. SD (digital cable) quality is a bit suspect, will play with the settings on the weekend to try to improve the quality. Using a DVDO iScan HD which hopefully helps, haven't compared without the iScan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.