Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hear! Hear!

I second the motion. My digital signature is below!

{6BC096B1-0CE6-11D1-BAAE-00C04FC2E20D}

·
Registered
360 Posts
Here is my vote!

------------------

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Wow, this is great guys!

I have supported the JVC D-ILAs because I like the product, and it's always fun to meet fellow enthusiasts, test out new technologies, and share the information of what's possible today in digital home theater.

I have been dreaming of the next generation models, and would love to get ahold and demo one of the new higher-res D-ILA FPTVs.

I do hope one of JVC's mover/shaker folks get to see this thread, and sets something up with me.

Thanks,

-Dean.

[This message has been edited by Dean McManis (edited 05-17-2001).]

·
Registered
133 Posts
Definitely!s>------------------

Perry www.woodht.homestead.com

[This message has been edited by woodworker (edited 05-17-2001).]

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
JVC may not flatly give you a projector, but they could have you sign an NDA and let you have one 'on indefinite loan'.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Dear JVC:

In recognition of Dean McManis's contribution, dedication and generous demonstration of JVC Dila projector technology over the past several years to many new customers,

In recognition of his furthering the art and science of video display which has brought many hours of viewing pleasure to so many,

We the undersigned request that JVC award Dean McManis with the first released JVC Dila 1920 X 1080 Dila projector so that he may continue in his endeavors of seeking continuing advances in home theater and video display technology. By this action, you may be assured that your product will be seen, heard about and shared in the most compelling light.

Respectfully submitted,

Joe Andresen, Palo Alto, CA

·
Registered
6,227 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Thanks for the offer Seng, but the G20, and even the M4000 are essentially the same as what I've already got, just with more brightness.

I'm happy to sit tight until the next generation comes out. I'm just hoping to get to beta test one of the 1920 or 2048 capable models when it is available.

-Dean.

·
Registered
613 Posts
JVC should definitely take advantage of this! Only good things could come of it. (And throw in a few extra bulbs for Dean as well, JVC) http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Signing on the dotted line........... Andrew Beall

------------------

Never underestimate the importance of Duct Tape and RTV

·
Registered
6,227 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Thanks Seth,

I had a chance to get one of these about a year ago from work for less than 10% of this guy's minimum price and I passed it up.

They are tremendous beasts that are CRT based, so they have great resolution capability, but are also quite bright.

But they are also expensive to operate and repair, and huge and heavy.

So the original ILA FPTVs are a lot like buying a used Rolls Royce, with top notch build quality and yet costing $2000 to redo the brakes.

I'll hold out for the digital version thanks.

-Dean.

·
Registered
774 Posts
TOM Stites was last seen in NJ at a product planning meeting with the factory representatives promoting greater emphasis on HT products...with some success I might add.

Any of you able to attend InfoComm in Las Vegas in mid-June should do so. If you need passes, let me know.

We will have some new goodies for you.

Regards,

------------------

Tom Stites

Director, Business Development

Digital Systems Division

JVC Professional Products

"My opinions do not necessarily reflect..."

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts