AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the 52" DILA last week. It is hooked up to the 8300HD Cablevision box via HDMI. The only problem I have is that sometimes on start up the screen is green. I found that by going to one of the HD channels clears it up immediately and it doesn't come back until next off-on cycle, and then not always. I have the HDMI connection on the tv set to "auto sense" as far as incoming resolution. Any ideas? Is this a tv or STB issue? Thanks.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradovich
I got the 52" DILA last week. It is hooked up to the 8300HD Cablevision box via HDMI. The only problem I have is that sometimes on start up the screen is green. I found that by going to one of the HD channels clears it up immediately and it doesn't come back until next off-on cycle, and then not always. I have the HDMI connection on the tv set to "auto sense" as far as incoming resolution. Any ideas? Is this a tv or STB issue? Thanks.
This is a handshaking issue between your box and the JVC. Are you turning on the box before you turn on the TV?

My JVC wouldn't work at all with the 8300HD via HDMI unless I turned on the cable box *after* the JVC was already on (or in the process of booting up).

Since I bought an HDMI DVD player, I'm using that with HDMI now. I'll still see a green flash now and then when changing discs.

Personally, I haven't seen much of a difference using component cables with the 8300HD, but YMMV.

-bruce

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.