AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

JVC DILA Question

336 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  ChuckTraywick 
#1 ·
We have a G11 that has been running fine for quite some time.

The other night (Tuesday) we used it and it worked OK. My daughter had some friends over last night and the picture does not come on.

If you watch the display it goes into the OPERATE mode (orange light) for about 30 seconds, then the green light blinks 3 or 4 times and it goes back to STAND BY.

I never hear the "CLICK" that normally happens when the signal starts to go through the projector and it fires up.

Never get any picture or a start of any picture. The rest of the system (audio) works as expected.

The exhaust fans are running behind the projector.

We did install a new Center Stage scaler a few weeks back. It has been working fine.

Just was hoping some one would have some thoughts.

Regards

Chuck

See less See more
#2 ·
Chuck,

It would be speculative to guess what the particular problem is...

In your manual, there may be a key as to a particular cadence the blinking light makes.

e.g. three long blinks, one short blink = burned out bulb,

or two long blinks, 2 short blinks = overheated, etc.

My G-150 has this 'key' for deciphering which cadence (of blinking) corresponds with what problem. Check in the back of the manual under the troubleshooting heading.

#3 ·
Jeff:

Thanks. I read the troubleshooting part last night and did not find an exact fit. No "if it blinks this many times . . .".

The closest thing was NO PICTURE after 30 seconds the projector may turn off. Tonight I'm going to swap out the scaler to see if that is the cause and go from there.

Was hopeful that someone would know and say "yea 3 blinks on the green light means . . "

Thanks for the reply.

Chuck

#4 ·
Chuck, it can overheat and that will shgut it down.

Was it a hot night, hot in the PJ area??

Dumb questrion, but have you tried to restart it since last Tuesday?

The maual says that if it won't immediatedly start up after shutting down, let it cool (perhaps 1/2 an hour) and try and restart.

Also, there is a fuse that can be checked.

Good Luck.

#5 ·
The fuse idea makes some sense to me, although the power is on and it attempts to light the lamp. But maybe the fuse is for the lamp? That would make sense that the lamp would not light if it senses a problem.

At lunch today going to do a bit more diagnoistic and see what we can find.

#6 ·
For the first 5 minutes after you turn the projector on, has it been displaying 'replace lamp"?? This starts at 900 hours, and when it reaches 1000 hours, the projector will not attempt to turn the lamp on, and indicates the error in the status lights. I do not have my doc's with me, so I can not tell you if this is the error you are getting. The reset procedure is in the owners manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.