AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JVC is opening a showroom in Los Angeles to demo Dilas. It is specific to home theater . They will have the 4000 Model displaying on a 200 inch screen, they will also have the new version of the G15. They will also have the dila based rear projector tv. It is not supposed to be open to the public, only to dealers. My question was since so few AV companies actually sell it, who where they planning to demonstrate it too. They said that was in the works. Its supposed to open in September\\October (they are not sure yet) I think they might let in some endusers come in. They just dont want people coming off the street to watch movies.

Anway, its going to be easier for us folks in the west coast to see a live demonstration of the dila. At the very least, a jvc dealer could probably take a buyer to see a demo of the unit.

Oh yes, I mentioned Avscience, and they knew who AVscience was.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Very interesting. It sounds like there is some "secretive" stuff behind this that is not being mentioned.

Do you think that the G150HT is going to have a big debut? Is JVC finally going to persue the HT channel (after we dragged them into it http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif )?

Let us know if you can get an invitation to this show! It sounds very interesting!

PS - Do you know if they will show the "G" series projectors in the Theater Zone?

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They will have the G150HT as one of their projectors. For what I was shown, their will be two, the G150HT and the 4000 model.

It should be open to the public. They however want it for displaying the equipment to their dealers and maybe high end users. I dont think they really know for sure what the full plan is and while one of the guys spoke very freely, the other seem tight lipped. It looks like they are moving more into the entertainment side of the business, both profesionally and home use.

I was invited back when it opens, though we will see if they let me in. Since I told them I had a G11, I was part of the family. I will report back in a couple of months when it opens.

Mark, its not a show, its a store they opened on a major street. They arent trying to be very secrative, as the front has a sign with the words JVC DILA THEATER ZONE. Actually its very close to Cedar Sinai Hospital. So after

someone faints from seeing perfections, they can be transported to the hospital in seconds.

[This message has been edited by Humey (edited 08-07-2001).]

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'll bet it is a showroom for high profile clients to be handheld, stroked, etc.

At Crestron's HQ in NJ, they have demo touchscreens on keosks so major players can be brought in by designers and such.

Whne you want to sell Lucas, or Speilburg a HT, you better have a good spot to do it.

Randy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.