AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I can get a JVC DLA-G10U D-ILA Projector for pretty cheap for a starter projector, Has anyone had experience with them? Is the image pretty good? I was going to be using for a movies in the back yard this summer and maybe some indoors?

It looks like this projector will accept 720p do you think the HD Fury DVI(HDMI) to BNC would be worth it?

Thanks in advance, Mike

I guess this projector goes under 4 or 5 different names as well

JVC DLA-G1000 is one of them

·
Registered
99 Posts
Howdy, I am a huge fan of DiLA and LcOS projectors. I have not used this unit, but looking around it seems to be well respected for a 10 year old model. Contrast seems kind of low on it and people complain about the cost of the lamps considering they are rated at 1000 hours. If by cheap, you mean you can get it for less than a Sharp DT-510 then it may be worth it. How many hours are on the current bulb?

·
Registered
16,859 Posts
IMO , Do not buy ...

Very low CR , poor black levels , expensive lamps that do not last very long , no digital input , odd resolution = no pixel mapping , need I go on

These PJ's were great in their day but they are a bit too outdated

- Jason

·
Registered
935 Posts
I was going to agree with Jason that you should not buy, but I see you've found a JVC Z20000. You've made a good choice, grasshopper.

Jim

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your feed back, This will be primarily for backyard movies and I was able to find the Sharp XV-Z2000 for 20$ more than I was going to pay for the JVC DLA-G10U.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts