AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which projector is better, the JVC DLA-HD350 or Vivitek H5082? I originally owned a Sony HW10 but it died on me and Best Buy is giving me a $3500 to replace it with one of the above two. I loved my Sony, and I think JVC would be comparable, but I dont know anything about Vivitek. Any thoughts would be very helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
411 Posts
If BB is giving anything it is probably store credit, and they'll be asking dang near MSRP unless they are desperate to get rid of discontinued stock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are giving me a store credit, otherwise i would go somewhere else and get what I want. Thus I have two options, either the JVC or the vivitek. which one should I go with???

·
503 Posts
Never seen the Vivitek but I have an HD350. If you're not sensitive to overblown gamut then the HD350 is fine. Personally, I cannot live with it and hence I have a VideoEQ to sort it out. The picture with that is incredible.
Can you not go with an JVC DLA X3? :\\

·
Registered
989 Posts
I think H5080 should be less than USD3k. There is one time that it drop to USD 2.1k. I'm not sure if the problem still exist but the first firmware revision doesn't have greyscale tuning and no true 24p.

I had compare HD82 to RS10 and I still prefer DLP. RS10 color is screw up and some how very grainy. Not sure if the demo RS10 is a lemon. If purely for movie, AE4k is a good alternative unless you use HTPC and play games, I would advice going for DLP projector.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.