AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a 1080p front proyector for around $3000 MSRP. I have selected the ones mentioned above. Any suggestions? Specially on the JVC, which is one of my favourites.


I appreciate any comments.


Thanks.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
4,477 Posts
"JDLA-HD350BU"--is this the same as the DLA-RS10 (I think it is although it's contrast is listed as 2000 less)? I would probably go with the JVC (seems very very cheap for the JVC though) or perhaps the Epson.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,494 Posts
Yeah in your list rs10 and 6500ub are much better than the other two from everything I've read. The cheapest rs10 I found on the internet was just below $4k so I'm not sure how is it among the projectors with ~$3000 MSRP to you. So get the epson, imho.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
408 Posts
The Mitsubishi HC6500 is also above $3,000. Mitsubishi is not really allowing dealers to sell much lower than MSRP at the moment, due to the very tight margins in cost/profit. The MSRP on the Mitsubishi is $3,500. So really that only leaves the Epson and the Optoma in your price range. Unless of course you are willing to spend an extra $500.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts /forum/post/15420731


The Mitsubishi HC6500 is also above $3,000. Mitsubishi is not really allowing dealers to sell much lower than MSRP at the moment, due to the very tight margins in cost/profit. The MSRP on the Mitsubishi is $3,500. So really that only leaves the Epson and the Optoma in your price range. Unless of course you are willing to spend an extra $500.

How many HC6500 do you want for $3,000?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
970 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts /forum/post/15420731


The Mitsubishi HC6500 is also above $3,000. Mitsubishi is not really allowing dealers to sell much lower than MSRP at the moment, due to the very tight margins in cost/profit. The MSRP on the Mitsubishi is $3,500. So really that only leaves the Epson and the Optoma in your price range. Unless of course you are willing to spend an extra $500.

Matt, if I'm not mistaken I think Mits lowered their MSRP on the HC6500 to $2499, at least as reported on a couple of sites. So that should be your starting point in negotiating with the B&M (Magnolia) at this point
 

· Banned
Joined
·
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwlaw99 /forum/post/15424030


Why would you go with the Mits over the Epson? The Epson definitely has better black levels (unless it's price).

I agree. out of all of the projectors listed I would pick the Epson 6500UB. The JVC may be better than the 6500UB, but to me it is not enough better to justify the extra cost
 

· Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks a million for all your advice. After reading some more reviews and doing a little research, I will go with the Epson 6500UB or the JVC's HD 350 (similar to DLA-RS10U).

I will look at these personally and test them, and then decide. Thank you for the advice.


Happy New Year
 

· Registered
Joined
·
408 Posts
I was not aware that Mits had lowered the price of the HC6500. Well if that's the case I would highly recommend the Mitsubishi. It is a great projector, especially if you can get for the price that other members have mentioned.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts /forum/post/15427084


I was not aware that Mits had lowered the price of the HC6500. Well if that's the case I would highly recommend the Mitsubishi. It is a great projector, especially if you can get for the price that other members have mentioned.

I would rather buy from the company that makes the panels (Epson) rather from the company (Mits) that is buying panels from Epson.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg100 /forum/post/15427578


I would rather buy from the company that makes the panels (Epson) rather from the company (Mits) that is buying panels from Epson.

LOL. The Mitsubishi does a good job with those Epson panels. I haven't seen the new Epson models yet so I really can't recommend them. I am sure the new Epson models will give my Mitsubishi a good run for the money, and may even beat it in a lot of areas, most notably contrast. I still think the sharpness, fully motorized adjustments, and nearly silent operation in every situation I can think of, make the Mits. HC6500 very appealing to me. I also like the colors on the Mits. HC6500, not perfect by any means, but better than some I have seen, and I can live with slightly higher black levels for the price.


Again not dissing the new Epson models. They may end up being the best of the latest 3LCD crop. They certainly will be priced very competitively.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top