AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been trying to pull trigger ona jvc dla-nx5, all places seems OOS or backorderd, anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | 6.1.4: B&W 802D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
9,567 Posts
Perhaps you should list what you've tried. "All places seem OOS" indicates you've already tried all places so it's worthless to give you suggestions. But since you've unlikely really tried all places you could list what you've tried and I'm sure people would be happy to chime in with places you haven't tried.

·
Registered
19,074 Posts
Been trying to pull trigger ona jvc dla-nx5, all places seems OOS or backorderd, anyone have any ideas?
JVC is out of stock and back ordered. It’s probably going to be a few weeks before things get back to normal. I think COVID is partly to blame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have no clue if this place is legitimate or not, but a five second google search turned them up and their site says it’s in-stock and you can have delivery next week.
JVC DLA-NX5 4K D-ILA - 1800 Lumens Home Theater Projector - Black
But, they also have “X people also have this in their cart”, so... Those places make my antennae go up, eyes start to squint and my BS alarm starts sounding.

There is also a dealer on Amazon with free Prime delivery by Thursday. But it appears to be about $1K over list. Which also tells me they are probably NOT an authorized dealer.

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
Yeah Covid has upset the industry in multiple ways. My local dealer has really struggled with audio equipment. I waited for 3 months trying to get an 8500 before giving up and buying one here. I lucked out and he managed to snag me the last NX7 from his sources a couple months ago.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Yeah Covid has upset the industry in multiple ways. My local dealer has really struggled with audio equipment. I waited for 3 months trying to get an 8500 before giving up and buying one here. I lucked out and he managed to snag me the last NX7 from his sources a couple months ago.
Yes, I got mine in March w/ the DCR lens before the precipice of Covid-19, best combo I've ever had. I even bought an extra lamp (thanks Dom) and an extra OEM projector lamp, because I'm in the HT Room on average 6hrs/day. Replaced the front row of my HT with genuine Italian leather (Valencia) vs the Bonded leather seats I had previously. Blacken the theater room with rugs and Black velvet (~$500.00) another worth while investment

Thank you Lord.

My only regret is that my friends can't see the upgrades due to Covid, perhaps soon, God willing, however, I digress.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

·
Registered
19,074 Posts
I have no clue if this place is legitimate or not, but a five second google search turned them up and their site says it’s in-stock and you can have delivery next week.
JVC DLA-NX5 4K D-ILA - 1800 Lumens Home Theater Projector - Black
But, they also have “X people also have this in their cart”, so... Those places make my antennae go up, eyes start to squint and my BS alarm starts sounding.

There is also a dealer on Amazon with free Prime delivery by Thursday. But it appears to be about $1K over list. Which also tells me they are probably NOT an authorized dealer.
They aren't authorized dealers. Just like Sony dealers, one clue is advertising pricing online that is below MSRP. And no - they don't have any - they just want you to call them.

·
Registered
30,248 Posts
Most places list in stock, but everything is drop shipped from JVC, so not really in stock
JVC does not drop ship. Most, but not all dealers buy JVC through distribution and a distributor can drop ship.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am on the same boat. Ordered jvc-nx5 on 12/14/20 through a neighborhood Sony dealer in Chicago suburbs. Good chap, he is trying hard but no luck and no definite date.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I’ve also been waiting for an NX5 since November. This is the latest news I received from a JVC sales rep:

Below is snap shot of the my monthly news letter to all my direct dealers as it pertains to D-ILA DLP projectors...same story for everyone. I hope this gives you a little more insight into the process as I know it today.

First, please allow me to express my gratitude to you and your entire team for your business in 2020. JVC Projector business started the year off with positive momentum and carried that momentum through the first three quarters of the calendar year. The last quarter has been extremely challenging for JVC projector manufacturing to secure vital parts to meet the high demand for JVC D-ILA projectors. The JVC D-ILA projector factory “appears” to be ramping up with January production and JKUSA will shipping many B/O POs in very early February. JKUSA is being told that the current D-ILA blight should be righted by end of February, very early March...hoping for the best.

The JVC DLP projector factory that had been able to produce LX-NZ3 consistently up until now is now unable to secure several optical parts. The December shipment is not coming until late January/early February, any new LX-NZ3 projectors ordered today will not arrive until late February/early March. I’m confident the current parts availability will pass soon and when it does, I’m guardedly optimistic you and your teams will continue to offer JVC Home Theater projectors solutions to your dealers and integrators as the best possible projectors for image quality, automated ease of use and value.

so for now, I wait patiently

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hmmm. I may be in the market later this year, but sounds like everybody will be full MSRP for a while since there is a shortage...

It's a bad time to buy anything. I need a new 4K capable AV receiver, and the ones I'm interested in are out of stock. (Audioholics even speculated if Onkyo is leaving the receiver business!) I will want a 3080 graphics card to game in 4K, but no stock there. I can't even get the Ryzen 5000 series CPU I want because of shortages.

First world problems, for sure... I'd hate to be in a place where pandemic related food shortages are starting to happen...

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Hmmm. I may be in the market later this year, but sounds like everybody will be full MSRP for a while since there is a shortage...

It's a bad time to buy anything. I need a new 4K capable AV receiver, and the ones I'm interested in are out of stock. (Audioholics even speculated if Onkyo is leaving the receiver business!) I will want a 3080 graphics card to game in 4K, but no stock there. I can't even get the Ryzen 5000 series CPU I want because of shortages.

First world problems, for sure... I'd hate to be in a place where pandemic related food shortages are starting to happen...
^^^I'm praying on that sir.

I thought I saw JVC NX availability on Amazon via the JVC Store a few days ago.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

·
Registered
30,248 Posts
^^^I'm praying on that sir.

I thought I saw JVC NX availability on Amazon via the JVC Store a few days ago.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke
Any JVC projector sold on Amazon is not sold by an authorized dealer. Since they are not authorized dealers, they can't give you advanced replacement. They require you to pay to ship the projector to them, if there is a problem.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Any JVC projector sold on Amazon is not sold by an authorized dealer. Since they are not authorized dealers, they can't give you advanced replacement. They require you to pay to ship the projector to them, if there is a problem.
Got it Mike the other vendor just had a link to the JVC store.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

1 - 20 of 31 Posts