AVS Forum banner

8961 - 8980 of 9130 Posts

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Issue with PS4 Blu-Ray playback. I have a PS4 and a Xbox One. When I play Blu-rays on the PS4 the colors are not correct (blue shows as pink). When I change the Video-HDMI setting on the JVC from Auto to YCBCR 4:4:4, the issue is fixed. I have to change the HDMI setting back to RGB or Auto when the movie is done in order for the rest of the PS4 to work normally. I do not have this issue on the Xbox. Issue seems to be that the PS4 bluray player (and only the player) is outputing YCBCR 4:4:4.

Anyone have a similar experience? Anyone know why the Auto function is not detecting the switch to YCBCR or how to force the PS4 bluray app to output RGB (which is what I am assuming the Xbox One is doing).

Thanks for any suggestions.
Glad to know that I am not alone, I have had the same experiences with needing to manually switch the color setting, but only when my son is home using his PS4. I have no idea if there is a better solution (aside from manually switching the settings)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Replaced a Philips AM0005114 bulb with less than 1300 hours with an Osram 69471 purchased from BulbAmerica. The difference was like day and night. My JVC RS1 projector image is MUCH brighter and seems to be the same quality image as when the projector was new. In addition, I'm very happy with my BulbAmerica order. Communications was good and the bulb was shipped promptly. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi guys.

A wise guy told me to ask you as well in this thread:

My JVC HD1 unit worked fine until recently. Unit now turns off after max 5 mins operation. Without any error message.
Lamp has 700h max. I checked the filter, cleaned it but no success. Also reinstalled the lamp to be extra sure it has no contact issue.
No red error message, but I am not sure if the panel on the unit even works properly, since I never ever used it.
Thanks for a hint.
Danny

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Hi guys.

My JVC HD1 unit worked fine until recently. Unit now turns off after max 5 mins operation. Without any error message.
Lamp has 700h max. I checked the filter, cleaned it but no success. Also reinstalled the lamp to be extra sure it has no contact issue.
No red error message, but I am not sure if the panel on the unit even works properly, since I never ever used it.
Thanks for a hint.
Danny
Do you mean the unit just powers off or the lamps turns off... if the unit powers off, then you got an electrical fault.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi guys.

Thanks for a hint.
Danny

Mine is doing the same thing. It will run 2-15min and then shut off. I looked at it once when it did it and it had a red blinking light. My bulb has 1300 hours on it. I ordered a new bulb. Hopefully that is the issue as I never had this issue on the 5 bulbs before and got around 2000 hours before they got to dim.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do you mean the unit just powers off or the lamps turns off... if the unit powers off, then you got an electrical fault.
Jon.
No, fan is turning as it would when the unit is normally powered down. I hardly have the time to go into the menu before it shuts down.
If it would be a powersupply issue, the unit would be turned off immediately?
Danny

·
Registered
114 Posts
Jon.
No, fan is turning as it would when the unit is normally powered down. I hardly have the time to go into the menu before it shuts down.
If it would be a powersupply issue, the unit would be turned off immediately?
Danny
That is same thing my unit is doing. The picture goes off and then the fan runs for a few minutes before complete shutdown. I ordered a bulb and will see if that resolves the issue.

·
Registered
28,778 Posts
That is same thing my unit is doing. The picture goes off and then the fan runs for a few minutes before complete shutdown. I ordered a bulb and will see if that resolves the issue.
I doubt that it is the lamp. :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Could it be a faulty temperature sensor?
Does anybody have some classic DLA stories to share? I already have the service guide ready, but might be happy to have some inside news. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
schm66: can you kindly let me know if you had success with your new lamp? Saves me digging into the units.
Thanks.
Danny

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
My bulb goes dark after 3-10 minutes of use. The status light is red and lamp light blinks amber. I reset the lamp timer and it turns back on, then it goes dark again just as before. I did that because I hadn't reset it before and was getting the warning to change the bulb as the PJ said it was approaching 2000hrs. I have an aftermarket lamp that probably has 300 or so hours on it. It wasn't great and had uniformity issues so it could easily be a bad bulb.

Sent from my T-Mobile device using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Where are you guys getting the Osram 69471 now? It looks like bulb america is out of stock. https://www.bulbamerica.com/search?stq=Osram 69471 &stp=1#?currentPage=1&tags=

Also, how is the longevity of those bulbs? I bought two no names off of ebay and they both blew in three hours. Not good. Its hard to find one thats JVC labeled (for full cage, not just bulb)
I ordered one from them on the 23rd. Maybe I got the last one?

Sent from my T-Mobile device using Tapatalk

·
Banned
5,183 Posts
I'm on my original bulb since 2007. I don't recall how many hours are on it, but should I consider replacing it or just wait til it dies? I have a post from a year and a half ago where I was at 1500 hours. I worry that bulbs may be hard to come by if I wait much longer.

·
Registered
336 Posts
On the topic of this Osram replacement bulb... Since I had another used bulb housing from my RS1, I ordered another bulb from BulbAmerica and connected it up so that some day in the future I'll have another spare. I figure if I sell the projector, it would be a good bonus for the person buying it. I was impressed with BulbAmerica. I even called them up because there were two listings in their inventory for this bulb and they helped me to find the cheaper version. (Between $80 and $90.) My experiences with them were very good.

I have about 50 hours on the new bulb already... it's sparked a new interest in hunkering down and watching movies again! No noticeable drop in brightness.
-Pete

Replaced a Philips AM0005114 bulb with less than 1300 hours with an Osram 69471 purchased from BulbAmerica. The difference was like day and night. My JVC RS1 projector image is MUCH brighter and seems to be the same quality image as when the projector was new. In addition, I'm very happy with my BulbAmerica order. Communications was good and the bulb was shipped promptly. :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm on my original bulb since 2007. I don't recall how many hours are on it, but should I consider replacing it or just wait til it dies? I have a post from a year and a half ago where I was at 1500 hours. I worry that bulbs may be hard to come by if I wait much longer.
Putting a new bulb in it will make it POP again. Although we tend to ignore the slow dimming with age, I notice the changes... and I have a 100% light controlled theater room. However, I honestly never made it past 800 hours without getting frustrated at the darker image. (I'm casting the image through a Prismasonic anamorphic lens onto a 10 foot wide screen. And, my projector is a good distance behind me, so I'm pushing it.)

I think you should get the new bulb! You'll thank yourself!
-Pete

·
Banned
5,183 Posts
We sound like we have the same setup! I have the same size screen and same lens! Can you save me some reading? What bulb are you using? I'd like a direct swap out vs the retrofit version.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Drunk Penguin,
Just filter on my recent posts and you'll see the link to the bulb... but I believe BulbAmerica is sold out.
And, it's not a direct swap. You have to take the old bulb out of the enclosure, snip the wires, slip the new bulb into the enclosure and then reconnect the wires.

The first time I did this it took me an hour to find the necessary screws. The second time it took me five minutes. :)

-Pete

·
Registered
336 Posts
We sound like we have the same setup! I have the same size screen and same lens! Can you save me some reading? What bulb are you using? I'd like a direct swap out vs the retrofit version.
By the way, have you seen the price of anamorphic lenses recently?! YIKES!

And if I may go off topic for a bit: While my bulb was getting dim, I decided I ought to blow-out any dust in my Prismasonic lens. So, I swung it out of the way and decided I'd try to implement 2.35:1 by "zooming" for a while. (The age-old "Zoom VS Lens" debate.) I have to say that sure enough, zooming, by opening your lens, gives just as bright of a picture as turning on all those extra pixels. But, I got INCREDIBLY frustrated at not seeing on screen menus! Thus, I can say now (after about 10 years of using both methods) that the Lens method wins due to ease of use... but not really image quality. When I get a 4K projector I'll be back to square one with this debate! Now, back on topic.

-Pete

8961 - 8980 of 9130 Posts