AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the glorious DLA RS25 and was using a Video EQ pro CMS to calibrate it. I know the RS25 has a CSM but I turned it off and well.

Now I was using the internal CMS, tooke the video EQ out and everything was better then I expected except;

Correcting GAMMA, is 95% the new 100%? There was no 100%

Correcting RED at 95% hit the stops at 1013 and would go no higher and I need just a little more. (and yes I was using a 95% display.

Same for 90% topped out at 924 and 70% at 693 low.

Thats it, those 3 points.

Going for a 2.3 GAMMA, using the AV709 disk. Custom 1

What is the deal?

My Video EQ was throwing in some pinkish hue for some reason. Might reset it and give it another whirl

·
Registered
23,131 Posts
Generally I think you need to calibrate brightness and contrast, as well as RGB Gains and Offsets/cuts before you do grayscale calibration. It sounds like you calibrated white too bright, or that you need to reduce the Green/Blue gain to match Red. Once you do that, then go through the multi-point grayscale calibration.

What I would do is reset everything, then get out your meter and put up a white field. Then reduce the contrast control until the color temperature at 100% (or 105%) is close to what you see below that. Then use the RGB Gains/Offsets to get the end points of your grayscale spot on. Then fill in the rest.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts