AVS Forum banner

341 - 360 of 2058 Posts

·
Registered
18,452 Posts
You went to CES and didn't tell me!:) How come you didn't hook up with Darin?
I was only there for a few hours. In and gone. Land in the morning and out by 7pm. Not going this year. CES is a total clusterf##k compared to Cedia. And not much to see compared to Cedia either.

·
Registered
18,452 Posts
Did they have their full line setup for demo? Or what exactly did you find?
No. They had an RS600 on a large Stewart StudioTek 100 screen. Not as much being shown as at Cedia 3 months earlier. The real reason I even went to CES was to hear SV Sound's full speaker line in person. Visiting JVC down the hall was just a bonus.

Considering I caught a bug at CES that made me sick for nearly a month, I'm not going back this time. Apparently what happens in Vegas doesn't always stay in Vegas. :eek:

·
Registered
18,452 Posts
You went to CES and didn't tell me!:) How come you didn't hook up with Darin?
Hooking up with you guys in Vegas ? I can't even get you guys to have a glass of wine at dinner at Cedia. Partying with you two is like partying with Mother Teresa ! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,515 Posts
Hooking up with you guys in Vegas ? I can't even get you guys to have a glass of wine at dinner at Cedia. Partying with you two is like partying with Mother Teresa ! :rolleyes:
LOL, my brother is a recovering alcoholic.

As for me, I am not sure I can drink anymore. I had about three ounces of wine on Thanksgiving and became nauseated.:(

·
Registered
29,365 Posts
Yes, I get that you are in Oz. It would make zero sense to release a new pj to everywhere but the US.

I would say AVscience might be under a NDA, but Craig and Mike have already replied in this thread. Also, I don't think they would knowingly sell someone a pj without giving them all the details.
When buyers call us and ask, we let them know what we can. Usually that is more than what we can post. :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
FWIW, I'm building out theater and caught in the "need low input lag for gaming" trap. So, been evaluating projectors with a PS4 Pro to see if the issue is significant for me. Short form, I can tolerate the JVC x950's ~140 ms input lag for 30 Hz games, but 60 Hz is unplayable. As part of the review I mentioned to the Seattle vendor that I work in the game industry (10+ years at Xbox, for one), and have seen input lag being a huge issue = lost sales to JVC on internal mailing lists for years. He connected me with a US JVC rep to give that feedback and we had a good discussion.

I don't want to overstep as I appreciate the fact that the rep was interested in understanding the issue better, and spent a good amount of time chatting. However, all of this is context to say that I did ask about the rumored refresh, and he specifically stated we should chat in January after CES. He did *not* confirm any feature set, but I did seed my opinion that the single biggest thing JVC was missing from a gamer's perspective was a low-input lag mode. So, I am reasonably positive that there is a refresh happening in Jan at CES (pretty well confirmed by other sources on this thread, I know), and I am reasonably *hopeful* that there will be a low-input lag gaming mode on them.

Take it for what it's worth! :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
FWIW, I'm building out theater and caught in the "need low input lag for gaming" trap. So, been evaluating projectors with a PS4 Pro to see if the issue is significant for me. Short form, I can tolerate the JVC x950's ~140 ms input lag for 30 Hz games, but 60 Hz is unplayable. As part of the review I mentioned to the Seattle vendor that I work in the game industry (10+ years at Xbox, for one), and have seen input lag being a huge issue = lost sales to JVC on internal mailing lists for years. He connected me with a US JVC rep to give that feedback and we had a good discussion.

I don't want to overstep as I appreciate the fact that the rep was interested in understanding the issue better, and spent a good amount of time chatting. However, all of this is context to say that I did ask about the rumored refresh, and he specifically stated we should chat in January after CES. He did *not* confirm any feature set, but I did seed my opinion that the single biggest thing JVC was missing from a gamer's perspective was a low-input lag mode. So, I am reasonably positive that there is a refresh happening in Jan at CES (pretty well confirmed by other sources on this thread, I know), and I am reasonably *hopeful* that there will be a low-input lag gaming mode on them.

Take it for what it's worth! :)

I'm expecting this thread to explode once the announcement is made. At the moment it's fairly quiet compared to say the Epson thread. Looking forward to when we can start talking about the details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts
Yeah I can see it now, lots of posts about how the new ones will hit streets in like February and how that is too close to CEDIA and with the "inside info" of true 4K replacements across the line starting at $999 according to some online guy who heard from some other online guy we can't buy now because JVC is just trying to trick everyone into buying rebadged existing models, yada yada yada.

Or something like that.:D But I'm 100% sure they'll all have Dolby Vision, though I also heard from someone else they won't, but they could be 8K eShift. Or was that something else...............I hate the internet.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Yeah I can see it now, lots of posts about how the new ones will hit streets in like February and how that is too close to CEDIA and with the "inside info" of true 4K replacements across the line starting at $999 according to some online guy who heard from some other online guy we can't buy now because JVC is just trying to trick everyone into buying rebadged existing models, yada yada yada.

Or something like that.:D But I'm 100% sure they'll all have Dolby Vision, though I also heard from someone else they won't, but they could be 8K eShift. Or was that something else...............I hate the internet.
What!...what!...what?......4K native at $999.00? Darn that thing mustave' a card board iris!.........but for sure all these rumors must have an effect on current model sales. Well JVC let the cat out of the bag, the least they can do is discount the current models, move the existing stock and release the 'newer' e-shift models ASAP :D

N'

Come DEC 2017 release the native UHD models @ $9999 :D

·
Registered
23,130 Posts

You forgot about the free upgrade for those who purchased in the last year :D

·
Registered
376 Posts
What!...what!...what?......4K native at $999.00? Darn that thing mustave' a card board iris!.........but for sure all these rumors must have an effect on current model sales. Well JVC let the cat out of the bag, the least they can do is discount the current models, move the existing stock and release the 'newer' e-shift models ASAP :D

N'

Come DEC 2017 release the native UHD models @ $9999 :D
And this is the reason why there is a heightened sense of anticipation for the triplet that are to be released in the coming spring. Many like myself sense that these will likely be the last great 1080P projectors from JVC. These triplets will likely keep owners contented until one of the better UHD models drop to $9999 :).

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts
I don't foresee true 4K JVC models at $9999 until December 2018 at the earliest. I think if JVC announces any native 4K projectors at CEDIA 2017 it will be a top model priced at $15-20K. But who knows. We can play the what if and wait game forever and ever. How many years have we seen everyone say this will be the year JVC will..............? The current line is a steal considering the performance.

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts
Probably. But a RS600 with a laser light engine probably doesn't bring anything new to the model other than the instant on and off and the true "off" with a full blackout. All nice features of course, but not a game changer. But I like what laser could bring eventually with Dolby Vision HDR if that ever makes it way to projection.

341 - 360 of 2058 Posts