·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Nice! Thanks, for the info! :)

Doesn't look like they changed much of anything according to the manual. Same chassis, lamp...etc.

·
Banned
10,827 Posts
Going by that user manual, it looks like not much has changed with the new models. It looks like more HDR control as far as calibration and user selectable settings go, but otherwise the same overall performance elsewhere:

It doesn't say if contrast has been boosted, but we'll see. So it looks like no laser or native 4K replacements this year for the eshift units, just marginally small updates to the existing lamp units.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Thanks for the info Kraine!

PLEASE fix the CMD JVC!!!
I've been running CMD (RS500) on high and I don't see what all the fuss is about:confused:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Going by that user manual, it looks like not much has changed with the new models. It looks like more HDR control as far as calibration and user selectable settings go, but otherwise the same overall performance elsewhere:

It doesn't say if contrast has been boosted, but we'll see. So it looks like no laser or native 4K replacements this year for the eshift units, just marginally small updates to the existing lamp units.

Ha! They still have 3D excellent.. Great for them keeping and gaining costumers..

·
Registered
16,921 Posts
I've been running CMD (RS500) on high and I don't see what all the fuss is about:confused:
We have a whole thread (link in my sig) documenting the issue with timestamps and screenshots if your interested. All indications from those who've seen last year's and this year's models have noticed the issue is significantly worse on the newer models (420/520/620). It was bad enough on the 520 I had here for 3 months that I accepted a refund offer from JVC as this feature is broken and useless in it's current state IMO. IT NEEDS AND DESERVES A FIX.

·
Registered
13,395 Posts
perfect time to buy a VW675... especially if they fix the CMD.. :D

Ha! They still have 3D excellent.. Great for them keeping and gaining customers..

I was thinking the same thing...instead of cheaping out like the first gen UHD DLP manufacturers, it's likely JVC/Epson/Sony will continue to support 3D for the foreseeable future

·
Registered
19,051 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
I was hoping for a laser eshift, but I'm sure I would still be pretty happy wiht the 7900. Hopefully they reduced the sync times and fixed cmd. Those are my main issues with the 520 (but I could live with both if necessary). It looks like the DLP's are a dud, so it's under 10k eshift unit or pony up over 20k for native 4k. I can afford the native 4k, but I think my wife might murder me if I did so...

I'm going 50% video gaming and the other 50% split between TV + movies. Anybody know how the current gen jvc's handle 4k gaming? I've seen screen shots of desktops but I would be very interested in seeing in gameplay if it makes any difference. The UI's and what not for games are usually thick txt not small like desktop gfx. My google and thread searches have failed to shed any further light on it. What would be ideal are 4k pc gaming pictures on the rs420-620... Anybody know where some exist?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm surprised new models so soon. Wonder what changes have been made. Last ones made sense with improved input lag and better HDR support.

Be weird if its just better HDR controls again.

·
Registered
14,494 Posts
I was hoping for a laser eshift, but I'm sure I would still be pretty happy wiht the 7900. Hopefully they reduced the sync times and fixed cmd. Those are my main issues with the 520 (but I could live with both if necessary). It looks like the DLP's are a dud, so it's under 10k eshift unit or pony up over 20k for native 4k. I can afford the native 4k, but I think my wife might murder me if I did so...

I'm going 50% video gaming and the other 50% split between TV + movies. Anybody know how the current gen jvc's handle 4k gaming? I've seen screen shots of desktops but I would be very interested in seeing in gameplay if it makes any difference. The UI's and what not for games are usually thick txt not small like desktop gfx. My google and thread searches have failed to shed any further light on it. What would be ideal are 4k pc gaming pictures on the rs420-620... Anybody know where some exist?
I guess we can speculate on laser eshift for 2019.

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
Kraine whats your source for this???

First of all... I google that projector, I see dates referencing it dating way back to Dec 2016 and Feb 2017...

Second, those model numbers are not Japanese, they don't sell the 9 series there at all, if they did, they would call them X590/X790/X990

Third, that entire manual is in CHINESE, and was written Nov 1 2016 as stated on the back page, and the fact that my Japanese wife cant read a single word of it and says its Chinese.

These are Chinese projectors, and are old models, I guess they are just newly releasing them in China since maybe they decided to...

As for what JVC is really doing come CEDIA with potential new models, we don't know based on this.

Also, from what I see in the manual, there is literally NO difference between these units and the X9500 line far as I can see.

Take with a MASSIVE grain of salt.

1 - 20 of 2570 Posts