AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have just purchased a SONY IDTV model: KD-28DX51. This has 2 scart inputs, (1) RGB (2) S-VIDEO.

At present I have connected to the RGB input my NTL ‘SAMSUNG’ digital cable box and my TOSHIBA DVD player into the s-video input, both giving excellent picture re-production.

Unfortunately I have now made a mistake in accepting a JVC DRMH30 HDD/DVD recorder as a replacement for my Pioneer DVR 420 that gave up the ghost after 6 months. Actually I had no choice as this was the only model available at Richer Sounds. I now need to connect this.

I think I have sussed out most of my connections, but the main bugbear appears to be connecting the NTL Samsung digital cable box to the JVC recorder.

The Samsung will only output via scart a composite or RGB signal, but the JVC will only accept an input signal via scart an s-video or composite signal.

At present the JVC recorder is not yet operational therefore the NTL into my Sony IDTV is via a perfect RGB signal which I am happy with.

In order however to accommodate the JVC recorder, which basically is to improve my viewing system, I will have to view/record NTL cable via. a composite signal. Totally unacceptable.

Is there a compromise around this or do I bin the JVC all because it lacks a RGB scart input that every other top rated dvd recorder has?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.