AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on picking up a LT150 in the next couple of weeks but I am looking at the new JVC XVFA95GD 7-disc dvd-a player. Just wondering if anybody had tried this combo and if they play well together. Anyone know of a place that sells both? It seems everyplace that sells this projector doesn't really carry dvd players.

Greg

·
Registered
197 Posts
Greg,

I have the JVC XVD723G (single disc) progressive scan and I really like it. It got a good review in HT Magazine. They liked everything but the remote (which does suck, but I have a pronto). It was ~$300 from Onecall.com.

Did you ever find a place in town to look at the LT150? I'm still trying to finish up a little trim work before its ready to show. But, its all hooked up and we already have 350 hours on it. I have your email and I'll let you know when its finished. We're having a Halloween party so it has to be done soon.

-Dave

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Dave.

I still haven't got to check out the lt150 in person but the other day Nils had me over to take a look at the vt540 and I was really surprised how well it looked but I just notice the lcd screendoor, probably because of my old days with the Sharpvision. Good to hear that you are having good results with the JVC, I figured I would go ahead and get the player now and as soon as I sell my old truck in comes the lt150. Thanks for the offer to take alook, keep me posted (I would even be willing to bring the refreshments.)

Greg

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just finished a test drive of both the LT150 and VT540 with the JVC XV-S60BK. If you can live with scaling artifacts, then the progressive scan DVD is good. I personally found the scaling artifacts distracting and therefore decided to delay a purchase of either projector until I viewed them with a HTPC.

My review is here:
http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/009315.html

------------------

Still looking for that Home Theatre.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.