AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I own the JVC Everio GS-TD1 3D camera and once I shoot some footage I copy it (via USB) to my windows PC for back up and future editing.
I use the internal memory (60Gb) and NOT a SD card.

When I want to transfer the same (unedited) videofiles back from PC to the internal memory I get error message. Somehow the internal memory seems to be write protected.

Now how can I bypass this?

I did a factory reset and deleted all data in this camcorder. I also have the latest firmware update installed.

Who is able to help?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Why do you want to put the files back in the camcorder? The internal camcorder drive is only meant for temporary storage.

Are you copying or cutting the files from the camcorder? If you're just copying, then they should still be on the camcorder.

Anyway, just get some SDHC cards, flash drives and/or external hard drive.

You're not saving much money by utilizing a 60GB hard drive, it's nothing these days.
You can now find a 3 terabyte drive for under $100.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE:

Thanks for reply,

After I transfer files to my PC I do a format on the camcorder.

I want to put the files back to the camcorder in order to view them once in while as I do not have a 3D monitor or TV.

Kind regards

Toes

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
In the Panasonic system, the camcorders come with software called HDWriter. Along with each video clip file there are a couple small files used only by the camera and HDWriter. If HDWriter is used to manage moving files from the first copy to the PC, HDWriter will put them back on the camera so that the camera can be used as a media player.

Sony does something similar with PlayMemories Home".

For some reason, the camera has to have the small files with the primary file to function as a media player.

Perhaps JVC has similar software?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Thanks for reply,

After I transfer files to my PC I do a format on the camcorder.

I want to put the files back to the camcorder in order to view them once in while as I do not have a 3D monitor or TV.

Kind regards

Toes
Ok, I understand...

When you put the files back onto the camcorder HDD, are you placing them in the same exact folder that it was copied from or are you placing them in a random spot or root directory of the folders?

If that's the case, notice where you got the files from and navigate/paste them to that same folder. But just paste back the video files, which is all you need to copy.

Avoid files such as the camera's system files. Also avoid Windows system files, for example don't paste back the files in a Windows folder, just the video files.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts