AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a call from Marek. They have a new f/w update that is supposed to fix the lock up problem I have been telling them about for a year.

Yea

Go to the JVC web site and here is what you see..

HM-DH30000 Firmware Update

It has come to our attention that certain HD tapes may cause the unit to lock-up during playback. JVC will update the firmware in any units which exhibit this condition.

To obtain detailed information and shipping instructions, please call us at (800) 252-5722.

Dave

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well Dave, I entered my serial number and was told that I did not need any upgrades. My unit is about nine months old.

Now if there is a new f/w update one would assume that most if not all machines would need the update. My guess is that they are querying the old list of serial numbers.

Brian

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you read what is posted at JVC, it says, "JVC will update the firmware in any units which exhibit this condition". If you havent seen it, you have nothing to worry about. Again, other than I and Richard, I have not heard anyone else complain about this. Maybe its because I record more stuff?

I am just lucky? ??

Dave

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
That's some intersting stuff. We (forum members) are actually the catalyst for a national upgrade by JVC. Gives me chills! ;)

Troy

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Good work fellas. Truly. I know there have been a handful of you that has been in constant contact with JVC over the defects and as one who is just diving into the JVC30K pool (thanks to my wife) let me offer my appreciation for all the work and pestering you've done to get JVC to recognize and attempt to correct these issues. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.