AVS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a G15 that I would like to give to a friend. The problem is that it's set up for an ISCO and I need to remove the stretch. I set it up in Dilard but it won't accept my license file now for some reason. Does anyone have a way to get Dilard to work again? Can I still get a password file from somewhere?

I also have the JVC maintenance SW but don't know what to change. If anyone can tell me what tab to use and what field to change I'd appreciate it!

TIA,

Phil

·
Registered
574 Posts
Phil,

__I would help out, as a fellow G11 owner and dilard-nut (in the day), but our software is tied to the projector... I'm going to be selling mine soon as well and need to remove all of the custom-formatted inputs. I believe the only other option is to send it in and have it restored to 'stock'... yes, dilard will do that as you know - have you contacted Milori to see if you can get it up and running again, I'm sure Mark will have a way to get your license back up given this is our only real way to do this.

__Post back your findings if you get a chance.

Brian

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hi, I have the final release of the Dilard Software that just uses a software license. Milori (Colorfacts) was awesome enough to send me a free copy a couple years ago when I had a G10. I also have a copy of the PSA software that I will send. Do not mess with any settings unless you have done a backup...and even then everything may not be backed up so please use carefully.

PM sent

EDIT: Just to clarify, this is V3 and is tied to my nonfunctional meter, but as long as you aren't trying to use your own meter, the other areas of the software work fine.

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
"but our software is tied to the projector... "

Do you have v2 or v3? v2 was tied to the projectors serial number, v3 was tied to your meter.

Shawn

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Yeah funny, I still have the old crappy meter.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I'll give the latest DILARD a try. Will it work witout your meter though? In all previous releases nothing would work if it was 'unregistered'.

I do already have the JVC tool but don't know where to change the numbers for the scaler. If you know which tab to use and which line, I could use that tool as well.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, DILARD was a bust since I couldn't figure out what the rar extension was so I decided to use the JVC tool instead. I found the right panel, (DDIC???), and took a deep breath and hit the default button. Sure enough, it restored the original aspect ratio.

If anyone would like to remove the anamorphic stretch on their machine but doesn't have a working DILARD, PM me and I'll send you a copy of the JVC SW.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
do a search for winrar. .rar is basically equivalent to a .zip file, but uses a different codec. Download winrar and you can then unzip the compressed dilard file.

BTW... Where did you get the JVC tool?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the rar info. I forgot that I did use it some time ago on another machine so it sounded familiar. Of course I don't need it now!

I got the JVC tool from a calibrator I once knew. I don't know if it's still controlled or not but my guess is that at this stage JVC could care less. I really wish they had a similar thing for the RS series. Man, you can tweak practically the entire machine with that code!

Of course, what's powerful can also be dangerous! You can really screw the pooch if you tweak the wrong thing. To make matters worse, there is no error control on the serial comm so one hiccup can be cause for a trip to JVC pro repair.

Still have no word on my Radience. They were supposed to get more in last week. Bummer!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I feel your pain. Mine arrives back at the shop today. Hopefully I will get it back soon!

At least I don't have it around distracting me from putting together my equipment cabinets and installing them in the closets.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damn, just in time for me not to need it anymore!
I thougt at one time the SW was controlled but I may have been misinformed.

The good news is that I got notification that the Radience shipped and since it's coming from Oregon it is 'out for delivery' right now! That means I should have it in my hot little hands by 4ish at the latest. Can't wait to put it through it's paces, perhaps tonight if I can spare some time.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
congrats on the Radiance. Mine is being shipped back today from Lumagen. Had a possible power supply problem. It arrived in their shop yesterday afternoon. It is fixed and being sent out today. Great turn-around time!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got mine running last night and was able to configure the screen at 2.40, kill the gray bars at the sides, (1.85, etc.), and check all the aspects for both BlueRay and SD discs.

One thing I couldn't find is how to do a custom stretch since 2.35 Non anamorphic discs don't fill the screen. I'll have to figure that one out.

The only real problem that I have with the unit so far is that it started stuttering on the SD discs. About once a second it would to a quick stop as if it were displaying ahead and ran out of buffer or something.

If this is something easy to fix, let me know. Otherwise I'll start posting on the Radience thread.

It looks rather good though, considering I only spent an hour or so playing with it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts