AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering the lack of value for the G10, there is no point in selling it. please ignore this post. Thank you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Check out ebay for current prices but i will tell you i paid 375 just 2 months ago for one w/ 450 hours on the bulb. No idea for the nrs.

Regalman82

·
Registered
540 Posts
Wow the G10 if I am not mistaken originally retailed for over $10,000.

What´s the condition and lamp hours on the G10 audvid?

·
Premium Member
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, I think it retailed for around $16 to $18K. I thought I got a good deal when I paid - I think around $12k for it. I paid about $700 for it to be calibrated by William Phelps. He had also set up my 9" CRT at the same time.

I have not been using the G10 much, since then.

I prefer my Christie 9500lc - the 9" CRT picture quality is better. I was not going to bother selling the G10. Very occasionally, I use it with my 150" wide screen with HDTV. Its quite stunning. For normal NTSC, I prefer the Christie at 90" width.

Here is a picture of my theater - just before the installation of Christie. Click here for picture the G10 is at the back wall.

The G10 has either 390 hours or only 40 hours on the new bulb. I am not sure whether or not I reset the projector when I put the new bulb in. I have a note on the box of the old bulb "replaced bulb at 355 hours". I did not make a note as to whether or not I reset the hours with the new blub. Worst case scenario - each bulb has under 400 hours on it. Best case scenario, the new bulb has only 40 hours on it. Its been so long since I used it that I just don't recall.

·
Premium Member
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
htpc fan, thank you for the complements (were they?) but... Actually, I do things on a decent budget. It looks more impressive than its cost. Ideally, I would have wanted to sell my DILA+Faroudja DILA NRS combo unit, if I got a decent price. I would wait a while for my CRT to be finished and then get a Qualia or its equivalent. My 9" CRT still has low hours. I am probably all set for a few more years. Its been such a long time since I used this G10 and I never looked into its value. I would have liked to get around $2500 for the combo but I really do not know what they were worth.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Well I suppose you did not get what I was saying, but that is ok :)

I mean, DILA, Faroudja, 9'' CRT now a Qualia and after taking a look at your equipment rack I conclude you are not particularly on welfare, hence my suggestion to donate the G10.

Anyway, whatever, it's your money.

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
Talk to your accountant - the tax deduction for the donation may actually be around $2500 if you have the original receipt lying around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.