AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently, I'm not smart enough to get a good answer from the search engine. Can't seem to get the right info.

Anybody bookmark the link on how to replace the bulb and where to get it. If memory serves correctly, the link refers to a G15 bulb. Same procedure?

Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link, Tryg! That is the site I was thinking of.

I'm very concerned about the wattage. It doesn't seem possible that the G20 uses the same bulb as a G11. Does anyone have personal experience using this bulb?

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
They all work as the power supply regulates what to drive it at. The 500w generic bulb is basically the same as the stock G20 JVC bulb. Our use of it in the projectors designed for the 420w proprietary bulb is just to save about $300 bucks. It actually can be driven much harder. It's the cooling system in the projector that needs to keep up. In the G10, G11, G15 no adjustments are usually necessary.

Give it a try. It's about $400 cheaper than what JVC sells em for. There are others here that have used them in their G20s. You can also talk to Ralph Felton at Atlas if you have any questions.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Woodworker,

I too need a replacement for my G20 and have concerns that the 500 watt rating falls short of the 550 watt in our G20s. Please keep me posted on the progress of your research.

Thanks,

Don

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Don,

Open up your G20 and read the part number on the lamp housing. I'll bet it's BHL5001. That's the same lamp as the G15.

William

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
William:

The housing in my projector lists BHL5003, a 550W bulb.

Don:

I'm still considering options. I'll let you know what I end up doing.

I'm really in no hurry since my menu lists 970 hours and I honestly can't see any degradation in brightness yet.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hi guys,

I just replaced my g20 bulb I bought from the above link and it works great. the lamp housing is a little different then a g15 but I was able to work around it during replacement. after replacement my picture pushes green a bit and I haven't had time to re-calibrate yet. otherwise everything else (picture wise)is the same.

seng

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.