AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

My partner and I are looking at buying a camcorder, the JVC GZ HD30 looks really good.

We have one question though.

We read somewhere that to get the video footage from the camera to the computer, you can only use firewire, and cant use USB to do so. But you can use USB to transfer photos from the camera to computer.

Is this correct? I hope that all made sense.

(We were really hoping we would be able to transfer video image via USB coz we dont have firewire)

Can some one please shed some light on this for us.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyDesigner /forum/post/15436851

Hey

My partner and I are looking at buying a camcorder, the JVC GZ HD30 looks really good.

We have one question though.

We read somewhere that to get the video footage from the camera to the computer, you can only use firewire, and cant use USB to do so. But you can use USB to transfer photos from the camera to computer.

Is this correct? I hope that all made sense.

(We were really hoping we would be able to transfer video image via USB coz we dont have firewire)

Can some one please shed some light on this for us.

Thanks.

sounds like something you should call JVC CS about...whats it say on the website..they wouldnt lie to you.

What are your requirements for a camera why not consider a Canon HF series or even HG?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.